The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Forward facing baby car seats... advice please?

Lbm

Hello...

This is Hannah, Rob's other (better) half :D

He's gone off to work and I appear to have hi-jacked his forum :eyebrows: ... I was wondering if any of you Supra experts could advise on baby car seats?

We had a quick look through all the relevant threads already and can't seem to find the answer!

We're moving on to the 9months - 4 years forward facing car seat now for our fat (but cute) baby who is 9 months old and 22lbs!

I really like the Maxi Cosi tobi, but the lady in Mothercare tried to fit it in the Supra today and said that it wasn't secure enough once clipped in.......... :(

Does anybody know of any good car seats that we can consider??? Makes/models?

Thanks for your help!

Hannah

Hello...

This is Hannah, Rob's other (better) half :D

He's gone off to work and I appear to have hi-jacked his forum :eyebrows: ... I was wondering if any of you Supra experts could advise on baby car seats?

We had a quick look through all the relevant threads already and can't seem to find the answer!

We're moving on to the 9months - 4 years forward facing car seat now for our fat (but cute) baby who is 9 months old and 22lbs!

I really like the Maxi Cosi tobi, but the lady in Mothercare tried to fit it in the Supra today and said that it wasn't secure enough once clipped in.......... :(

Does anybody know of any good car seats that we can consider??? Makes/models?

Thanks for your help!

Hannah

Hi hannah i am in a similar situation looking to up grade mine for our 2 year old ,If i were you i would look on the"which" site as to which seats are safer . We had a look the other night and you will be amazed at how many of the more expensive seats from well known company's perform really badly

mike

I don't think Rob will mind one of these being installed in the back

http://www.recaro-seats.co.uk/child-seats/young-sport.php

Joking aside I'll be looking at this thread myself in about 9 months :)

Oh yeah, I saw those in John Lewis. Will have another look then. I think Rob might be fairly satisfied with the look of that in his car!

Well, congratulations too, I guess you've just had a baby then??? Boy or girl? x

Thanks for that Mike.... think I have to join 'which' website..? Maybe I'll just do that so I can read the reviews.

Hannah :)

Worth doing i was quite shocked by some of the ratings for the big name brands ,I looked at the recaro seat too as it looked really cool but not the safest by a long way :(

Oh yeah, I saw those in John Lewis. Will have another look then. I think Rob might be fairly satisfied with the look of that in his car!

Well, congratulations too, I guess you've just had a baby then??? Boy or girl? x

I think any man would be happy with that in the back of his car :)

We're due on 20th of April! Buying travel system this weekend and 1st car seat etc. It's a baby but don't know which flavour.

It's either this or I wonder if you can take the rear interior out and weld an ISOFIX to the floor. May be a little noisy though :)

I think any man would be happy with that in the back of his car :)

We're due on 20th of April! Buying travel system this weekend and 1st car seat etc. It's a baby but don't know which flavour.

It's either this or I wonder if you can take the rear interior out and weld an ISOFIX to the floor. May be a little noisy though :)

Haha! Perfect solution, I'm sure Rob won't have a problem removing the floor and doing a bit of welding. Goddam, it's ISOFIX this ISOFIX that these days ;)

20th April, wow, not long then! :) Good luck with buying the travel system. We've got a Quinny pushchair and I love it. Would recommend it to anyone.

Worth doing i was quite shocked by some of the ratings for the big name brands ,I looked at the recaro seat too as it looked really cool but not the safest by a long way :(

Oh sorry, just seen your reply Mike. That's useful to hear as I thought the Recaro didn't look quite as well built as the Maxi Cosi - hmmmmm. It's not an easy choice, you want to make sure you get a good piece of equipment for the money!

Ok, I'm signing up now.

Thanks for all your replies :)

Isnt there something in the T&C's about multiple users on one account?

Who Watches the watchmen? :p

I fear you're correct sir :(

But she's promised never to do it again and has offered some nudie pics to go up in NWS section, asap.

Btw, I think RedM watches the watchmen...*gets coat*

I have the recaro young sport in mine quality seems good im happy to put my son in it.

Does this fit in the back of the Supe or do you put him in the front? :)

i have managed to buy a britax freeway just the other month after days of searching for one ( i think it was the last new one on the face of the earth or it sure felt that way )

But i have since been told the britax Prince is just as good .

And the same question to yourself. Front or back, or both? :)

mines in the back it has a slim base which fits in the sports rear seats nicely , but you can put it in the front if you wish as mine doesn't have the airbags

Sounds good. Like you, my Supe doesn't have airbags either, but I'd prefer the location in the back as Hannah would prefer to be in the front :)

Sounds good. Like you, my Supe doesn't have airbags either, but I'd prefer the location in the back as Hannah would prefer to be in the front :)

well i did lots of research into this as i know you must have too with it involving the little ones .

The best i found was the britax freeway .

all i can say is check fleabay for one you never know someone may have one , Or see if you can try a britax prince somewhere .

I have a concord and a britax in the back of mine and even with my seat all the way back little ones who are in the age range your looking at still have leg room as they have short base to them

Britax...which one? Ta :)

Did she ban Matt H then? :search:

Yes.

well i did lots of research into this as i know you must have too with it involving the little ones .

The best i found was the britax freeway .

all i can say is check fleabay for one you never know someone may have one , Or see if you can try a britax prince somewhere .

Thanks again :thumbs:

I still think taking out the rear interior and welding in a mounting point for a ISOFIX is a great idea. Plenty of room and also lightweighting. Ok you may need to put a bit of dynamat down for sound deadening.

I'm not sure my missus will buy it either for my Supra though.

I still think taking out the rear interior and welding in a mounting point for a ISOFIX is a great idea. Plenty of room and also lightweighting. Ok you may need to put a bit of dynamat down for sound deadening.

I'm not sure my missus will buy it either for my Supra though.

It's getting close for you Si, D-day and all that :D

Personally I won't be drilling into the Supe as I'll end up setting it on fire or something, but if you do...pics please :)

It's getting close for you Si, D-day and all that :D

Personally I won't be drilling into the Supe as I'll end up setting it on fire or something, but if you do...pics please :)

it's less than 4 weeks! I'm manic! But I have been buying some awesome baby things:

http://www.thinkgeek.com/geek-kids/newborn-infant/bba6/

http://www.thinkgeek.com/geek-kids/newborn-infant/9b07/

http://www.firebox.com/product/2124/Twilight-Turtle

I'll try and get a vid of the twilight turtle as it's just teh awesomeness. Oh and I bought a copy of The Hungry Catapillar for bedtime readings already :) maybe I'm too eager.

I can't fit a baby seat in the back of mine now in fact as my cobras I've bought do not fold forward! Supra is now a toy and that's it. I wonder what seat JamieP has got in his as somehow that even fits in the back with a half cage in it iirc!

If we hadn't seen your holiday pics I'd have wondered if 'hannah' was one of you alter egos along with your Mexican decibel meter wielding personality. I imagine that one has a cape though.

Ok I think I may need to stop eating cookies in the evening.