The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Forward facing baby car seats... advice please?

Lbm

it's less than 4 weeks! I'm manic! But I have been buying some awesome baby things:

http://www.thinkgeek.com/geek-kids/newborn-infant/bba6/

http://www.thinkgeek.com/geek-kids/newborn-infant/9b07/

http://www.firebox.com/product/2124/Twilight-Turtle

I'll try and get a vid of the twilight turtle as it's just teh awesomeness. Oh and I bought a copy of The Hungry Catapillar for bedtime readings already :) maybe I'm too eager.

I can't fit a baby seat in the back of mine now in fact as my cobras I've bought do not fold forward! Supra is now a toy and that's it. I wonder what seat JamieP has got in his as somehow that even fits in the back with a half cage in it iirc!

If we hadn't seen your holiday pics I'd have wondered if 'hannah' was one of you alter egos along with your Mexican decibel meter wielding personality. I imagine that one has a cape though.

Ok I think I may need to stop eating cookies in the evening.

Wow! The turtle is magnificent :D

I like your other purchases too - all fun things.

As for Jamie P - I personally know he keeps a sneaky 3rd turbo mounted on his back seat :sly:

And the Caterpillar book...Hannah thinks it's agreat idea reading to your baby from birth - They love it.

F*ck me! I'm going to have to stop typing this baby stuff...

I need a manly meat pie and a pint!

'Hannah' 'Diego' 'Lbm' are like the Borg. We are each other. We are separate. And we all like ice cream.

• 4 weeks later...

In case anyone else is currently worrying about this problem.

I bought a Britax Prince yesterday from Toys'R Us for £60 brand new.

It's a superb fit into the rear bucket seats thanks to the base shape and size, and there is plenty of legroom behind the passenger seat.

I would highly recommend this model for the rear once your child is 9 months plus.

In case anyone else is currently worrying about this problem.

I bought a Britax Prince yesterday from Toys'R Us for £60 brand new.

It's a superb fit into the rear bucket seats thanks to the base shape and size, and there is plenty of legroom behind the passenger seat.

I would highly recommend this model for the rear once your child is 9 months plus.

Just watch out for the "buckle crunch" thing. This is where the buckle system (of your Supra) is so close to the child seat, when the belt is plugged in, it can suffer from exploding against the seat in an abrupt stop...releasing the seat etc...

Does your Britax Prince do this?

And does the Prince model seem too Top heavy and not anchored in...ie if you grab the top and pull it, it shouldn't move at all...

We tried the Prince and found that it suffered from both of these issues.

I'd be interested to hear. :)

So yes, it fits nicely in the bucket sat, but that was it really :(

In the end having tried 5 or 6 seats, none of them fitted or were satisfactory. We ended up with a Maxi Cosi and put it in the front seat. I have no front passenger airbag, so it's fine to do this. And the Mrs goes in the back...

I'll throw up a couple of photos later...

• 2 weeks later...