The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Had a go at Time Attack at Brands Today

Wez

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice pic, how was the experience overall. Was it faster than you'd been before around a track? Anything new you'd not experienced before? What's the best way to build up to this? I'm really curious as I'm hoping to head this way and am pretty nervous about the whole experience, as I don't know what to expect.

Nice pic, how was the experience overall. Was it faster than you'd been before around a track? Anything new you'd not experienced before? What's the best way to build up to this? I'm really curious as I'm hoping to head this way and am pretty nervous about the whole experience, as I don't know what to expect.

It is often marketed as the next step up from trackdays but its nothing like a trackday.

Great fun indeed :thumbs:

Not a bad result for your first session either. What's the next stage with the car? Honing the existing setup, or a 97mm turbo? :D

Next stage would be to get a speedo working in the car along with laptiming on the dash, I think knowing how fast you are going might help a bit :D

Apart from that I think the car has a few more seconds in it, I just need to push it harder.

It could prob do with lowering a little.

Next stage would be to get a speedo working in the car along with laptiming on the dash, I think knowing how fast you are going might help a bit :D

Apart from that I think the car has a few more seconds in it, I just need to push it harder.

It could prob do with lowering a little.

I dont think I've ever looked at my speedo on the track, you really dont need one. Lap timing is a must though if you want to start pushing yourself, get that sorted ASAP.

I dont think I've ever looked at my speedo on the track, you really dont need one. Lap timing is a must though if you want to start pushing yourself, get that sorted ASAP.

Hopefully they will come together as the Datalogging module for the dash also provides the speedo function from the GPS. Should be ordering this up next week hopefully.

At the moment I have a RaceLogic Performance Box which is mounted behind the dash with a remote aerial which is ok for reviewing after the event but no help while driving.

I will be putting this up for sale when the new unit arrives.

Hopefully they will come together as the Datalogging module for the dash also provides the speedo function from the GPS. Should be ordering this up next week hopefully.

At the moment I have a RaceLogic Performance Box which is mounted behind the dash with a remote aerial which is ok for reviewing after the event but no help while driving.

I will be putting this up for sale when the new unit arrives.

Does the Dash2 do track mapping as well? So you can log every lap you do and see where your fast and slow, etc? Me and Steve compare our data and it really helps to know who's fast or slow at which point on the track.

Does the Dash2 do track mapping as well? So you can log every lap you do and see where your fast and slow, etc? Me and Steve compare our data and it really helps to know who's fast or slow at which point on the track.

Yes when you connect it to the DL1 Data Logger :thumbs:

You can then have live lap and sector timing displayed on the Dash2 and then the software allows for track mapping and further info offline.

Get it sorted mate, it really helps trust me.

... he's not wrong :)

It's difficult to judge that you may be on best lines/braking zones, so looking through sector times and lines on circuit can be a great help.

When you break the times down you can see things like predictive best lap so you can then check your lines/braking etc. Your telemetry should also show if your committed in braking or accelerating, plus loads more! (Far too much to bang on about now)

It also allows you to health check the car during the day, to see what temps and pressures you're running.

Finally got round to downloading the pics off my camera.

The on track pics could do with a bit of cropping and enlarging, but meh, never mind.

Sometimes, having a Veyron isn't quite flash enough. So what do you do in these situations? Oh of course, you paint it gold....

The girl who climbed out of the Bugatti...

image ;)

Anyways... back to the car pics...