The mkiv Supra Owners Club

apexi safc-2

Guest blownbytwins

Fair enough - putting the boost issue on one side for the moment though.

I am clearly ADDING fuel to the map @ WOT using my SAFC - assuming I am running a standard FPR / what else could it be?

If I am running one of those crappy FSV - then I will get it changed straight away and hopefully that should solve it.

I havent had any running problems with the car at all.

I am clearly ADDING fuel to the map @ WOT using my SAFC - assuming I am running a standard FPR / what else could it be?

I'll be interested in knowning too. As I don't understand how increasing you're fuelling via the SAFC-2 - (being +3% on one of the RPM neg points) - would effect boost.

If you've explored the boost leak completely (pipes, hoses) - I don't know else what to suggest.

I thought that the safc2 was only really useable above 4k rpm, as below that the ecu will just relearn to compensate. Or am I remembering something entirely different?

No. The SAFC-2 has 2 "maps" - Hi & Low. You have a total of 12 RPM Neg points for each of the 2 maps. Those neg points can be any RPM point you want.

Perhaps you're getting confused - with the 4k transition point. The stock ECU doesn't start richening up the mixture to 12's & 11's AFRs until -after- 4k

No. The SAFC-2 has 2 "maps" - Hi & Low. You have a total of 12 RPM Neg points to spread across the 2 maps. Those neg points can be anything.

Perhaps you're getting confused - with ECU & 4k transition point. The stock ECU doesn't start richening up the mixture to 12's & 11's until -after- 4k

Ah, that clears it up a bit then :) I had this vague recollection of reading something about open/close-loop ECU running, and that below 4k the ecu 're-learns' to compensate/overule the SAFC, meaning a reset of the ecu every so often was necessary.

Maybe I was just dreaming, as I've searched and can't find any posts like that at all!

:lol: - No, actually I don't! I've just asked alot of questions from the proper techie ppl here - when I was going through the BPU & APU route - when I had my Supe.

Still, it gets my vote Sir! I hope it continues with a few more juicy bits.

Incidentally, but what is the rough cost of tuning an SAFC-2 these days. I'll have an AEM wide-band and EGT fully fitted next week too if that helps?

Incidentally, but what is the rough cost of tuning an SAFC-2 these days. I'll have an AEM wide-band and EGT fully fitted next week too if that helps?

Tune it yourself & save yourself £150 rolling road time. Just get someone else in the passenger seat to monitor:

a) Boost

b) AFR

c) RPM

Start off rich - then lean it off till you get the AFRs you want. Depending on you're application on y your hybrids - I'd recommend the EM - it is alot better. If you ask Ian C very nicely he'll map it for you for abit cash. You'll get better results with the EM.