The mkiv Supra Owners Club

apexi safc-2

Guest blownbytwins

running on mine - Full BPU and tuned by whifbitz - no problems.

It was on the car when I bought it, I personally would have invested in something like an e-manage instead; however if you like the display and all then its well worth it.

cam i just clarify something with these more simple fuel controllers...............

Would the fueling on a tt with 440's and the SAFC set at 0 (at all points) = the fueling on a tt with 550's and the SAFC set at -20% (of the available -ve range)

Perhaps on paper, but maybe the fuel pressure is different .. or perhaps 1 x 550 is flowing less or more fuel than what you think it should do on paper.

Only way to tune it is with a WB02 and a AFR gauge.

On stock 440's or/and stock fuel pressure ? And are the neg points on the SAFC-2 all set to 0 % ?

Brave man if Yes to the first and No to the second.

Not set to zero at all.....

low throttle it is tuned to reduce fuel across the band.

on high throttle its set to add just a touch and there is a particular lean spot around 6K where its adding 2-3%

tuned by whifbitz using a WB 02 sensor and confirmed the changes on the rolling road (Rebas) to get it even better.

on high throttle its set to add just a touch and there is a particular lean spot around 6K where its adding 2-3%

But if 0 represents what your stock ECU fueling is - and at 1.2 bar 440's go 100% duty anyway & if you're using 440's with stock fuel-pressure ... doesn't that mean you're extending your duty-cycle beyond 100% .. ?

Not an "ideal" solution mate ...

The SAFC-2 shouldn't be used to "add" fuel ... only to trim it.

But if 0 represents what your stock ECU fueling is - and at 1.2 bar 440's go 100% duty anyway & if you're using 440's with stock fuel-pressure ... doesn't that mean you're extending your duty-cycle beyond 100% .. ?

Not an "ideal" solution mate ...

The SAFC-2 shouldn't be used to "add" fuel ... only to trim it.

Its been setup like this by both of those tuners. perhaps something isnt standard in my setup then from a fueling perspective (I do know that the injectors are 440s though)...

:search:

Its been setup like this by both of those tuners. perhaps something isnt standard in my setup then from a fueling perspective (I do know that the injectors are 440s though)...

:search:

Perhaps you're using raised Fuel pressure - with an Aero FPR or one of them leaky FSE things. If you're running just a stock FPR - then stock Fuel pressure is 36psi (I think).

Then I would suggest the next thing you get is an Aero FPR and raise your FP (extending your duty cycle) and get that SAFC-2 tuned by trimming fuel instead of adding it.

Or replace your 440's with 550's.

BTW: The car isnt hitting 1.2 bar from the last Dyno plots..

But you don't know what you're duty cycles are ? ;) If you're duty cycle is - say (for example) 90% at WOT in summer. What happens - do you think, in the Winter time .. and at WOT with the denser air hitting your IC ?

You're going to be needed more fuel to burn off the denser air.

SAXO BOOST VALVE doesnt make good reading :D

I just need the car to run a reliable 1.2bar.

I have always been puzzled as to why I need to ADD MORE FUEL as the standard map is already overfuelling.....no-one has been able to sort it out. Perhaps this may be it...

I'll go with the Aeromotive, Wallen or the Stock Toyota one....if I dont already have it.

Shit I have one of those :( anyone got a pic of the standard one I may need to go look in the shed.

So it needs to come off pronto?

SAXO BOOST VALVE doesnt make good reading :D

No, it doesn't. Heavens knows why people use them! As they're not a 1:1 FPR - like stock or the Aero. They're a 1:1.7 (IIRC) - so for one 1psi of boost you've got 1.7psi of fuel - hence why mapping with them is real nightmare! And they're prone to leaking fuel into a hot engine bay.

They did come recommended here - at some point :innocent: .. :rolleyes:

I just need the car to run a reliable 1.2bar.

Have you considered - you may have a boost leak ?