The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Come On England

imi

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you're right. We're just not good enough.

I think from a talent perspective we have some super players....

Flintoff

Peitersen

Collingwood

Strauss

Cook

Harmison

Hoggard

Bell

Panesar

I left out the others on purpose cause I dont believe they are all that.

Now if they could only play hard, play as a team, believe in themselves that they can win and that the country is behind them and fight till the very end - in other words, play with the same attitude as the aussies - we will then be able to make a show out of this series..

I think from a talent perspective we have some super players....

Flintoff

Peitersen

Collingwood

Strauss

Cook

Harmison

Hoggard

Bell

Panesar

I left out the others on purpose cause I dont believe they are all that.

Now if they could only play hard, play as a team, believe in themselves that they can win and that the country is behind them and fight till the very end - in other words, play with the same attitude as the aussies - we will then be able to make a show out of this series..

We have the talent, but being good enough to win (to me) means having good basic skills and the drive (determination / grit etc) to go with it. I think the Aussies have this in abundance and we lack it.

In short, they desparately want to beat England where as our guys don't seam that desparate to beat them

Technically the Aussies shade it, but guts ("wanting to win") etc they p1ss it....

Just my opinion though.

:iagree:

I like a bet and I looked this morning, England are 7-1 to win this test match.

COME ON ENGLAND!

Anyone else bet on England when they were 7-1? Long way to go yet but that was a fantastic days cricket, just what we needed, Monty and Harmy taking wickets. All we need now is Freddy to get some runs and all our big guns are fireing.:wooohoo:

How many times now have we proved that our bowlers are up there with the best of em... only to then suffer another legendary england batting collapse. Something needs to be done.

Lets be honest with ourselves though...

- Our Bowlers havent looked like taking 20 wickets in a match.

- Our recognised batsmen are not performing (no 10 & 11 had the highest partnership in the 1st innings)

- The captaincy is seriously lacking compared to M Vaughn.

- And at the end of the day, they dont have the will to fight the aussies, the are bunch of defeatist souls even before a single ball is bowled.

You have a few players that have stepped up to the mark, but against spirited aussies you need all 11 players to be firing on all cylinders, and we are clearly not prepared physically or mentally for the challenge.

And finally for the coach and the english team selectors to carry on defending their poor decisions rather than accepting their mistakes (preparation, selection, etc) is well, fairly pathetic to say the very least.

Finally, Bell and Cook put in a decent performance. Cook is still young so we can forgive him for getting out 3 overs before the end of play, a senior player should have played it out and started afresh the next day. (imagine, 3 wickets down instead of 5).

Bell played really well, but again, unlike the aussies he couldnt make a 100 let alone a big hundred which is what is required.

With realistically 1 wicket to go (recognised batsmen) - It all boils down to Peitersen and the captain to pull off an amazing victory by smashing a world record 4th innings total.

CAN IT BE DONE?

I backed a wrongun for the world cup, I had a bet my with team that we wouldnt get out of the playoff bits and then we we did I went double or quits on getting through the next stage. I then went double or quits that England would lose the Ashes, Im so glad England have lived up to my expectations as its saved me a fortune.

JB

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/england/6214241.stm

The fluke of 15 months ago has finally been exposed. The farce (OBEs, bus tour, binge drinking, etc) that followed is seriously embarrassing. The OBE's etc should really be returned and handed over to the Aussies - they deserve it.

These muppets don't even play for the country......they have no spirit.

Time for fletch to resign and for flintoff to resign as captain, assuming that they have any integrity.

PMSL - Well done to the Aussies. Really enjoyed them play aggressive and ruthless cricket - just the way the game should be played. PLAY TO WIN.

I hope the Queen of Australia hands out well-deserved MBEs to the Aussie team/

Wonder what sort of reception our team is going to get when they get back..... :D