The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What is the meaning of Life?

nick_karkie

OK, you know you just have one of those stressful peiods when you stay in a slump for a few months, and you wonder what exactly our purpose is in life and you start to wonder how we were created.

The planets etc were created by the coming together of millions of dust particles which all lead to the big bang. But WHAT created those particles that created the big bang?......and what created the thing that created the particles that caused the big bang?. You see it is a neverending travel back in time, however far back you go, you can always ask the question "but what created that". Religions must have been created because of this, people thinking that there must have been a supreme being which made all this happen......but what would have created them.......It could drive you crazy thinking how we first started. It has obviously been the force that created such films as the matrix, believing what we are living is not real.

Would like to know what other people think about this.

P.S. I think I have been watching the discovery and history channels too much (sky digital 551 and up haha)

I love all that kind of stuff. Have you ever looked up at the stars and just thought about how big it is and how it started. What those suns, planets etc... actually look like and what if anything live on them. You really can think deep on this subject.

If you get bored of the discovery channel ypou can always flip over to Cartoon Network (601 i think) where you will find a talking newt called Ned followed by a kid called Dexter who has his own Laboratory.

Yup you defo need to get out more LOL

Life is about being able to realise that we are part of of natures cycle and to realise just how fragile as humas we can be .What I am trying to say is enjoy what life has to give us in the short time we have to live it, and not to make a mountain out of problems that in the grand scheme of things a really quite small. Nature don't care if we have bills to pay or what colour our hair is, it will still do its thing (as per the tsunami incident). In sumary ENJOY LIFE AND SHARE IT :thumbs: and if it is like the Matrix says ....ignorance is bliss :tongue:

Damn I also need to get out more!

I agree Mig, but sometimes you just have to think that in our world it seems as though happiness is drvien by money. You look at someone like David Beckham living a luxurious life for doing nothing, and other hard working scientists and doctors trying to cure the world of disease who get poorly paid and probably dont have the good life others have.

All around the world it seems as though those with money are happier than those without, obviously family is more important, but what is family, we are all related, we all came from 1 species. So to make us truly happy we want to buy things or do things that make us feel good. We dont want to work all day every day.

It certainly wasn't any man invented deity.

I agree but then what was it, and who would have created that and that and that and so on.......so some say it is circular......but who created the circle ....ha ha.......YOU COULD GO ON ALL DAY

Very true ...i can see that point about money bringing you all the things you want in life . What about when Mr golden balls has no carreer anymore , will the money make him younger again so he can live in the lime light? what about when he is dead and gone Who will mint his dough? So he did not spend it all and someone else gets it ( sons daughters) ect ect ALL material ....I do agree that money does indeed make life easier. Doctors for example...Why study for a job if not for the love of the job or just the money? If doctors are in it for just he money they could have put their efforts into other things which would have brought them alot more money. Would not having a gift to cure people be a reward in itself???? Not today by the looks of it .. Lets put it this way I could win the lottery 2moro and buy everything I need BUT it won't make we walk and it will not make me any more important when it comes to your first question ...LIFE .. when we are dust what does it matter how much money or what we have done ....nothing...what matters is what we do here and now....

Live the life we have, get on with it and stop watching channels that make you think to hard LOL :burp: note to self....must not get into deep convos like this when on beer :read:

PS... yep Life is not fair like you say about footbalers v scientists ect ect ...but heck what can we do about it????????

Happy new year all!

I agree with it all but as to this quote

when Mr golden balls has no carreer anymore , will the money make him younger again so he can live

my answer would be - no he cant be made younger but we would be old also and not had the fortune he has had in his life, and for what....being average at kicking a piece of leather around.

You have been fortunate enough to realise what you have Mig because you cannot walk, whereas the rest of us still feel sorry for ourselves, worrying about bills like you mentioned earlier. Aint Life Grand!! :tongue:

LOL we all want life to be grand ...tell you what when you get to them gates up above let me go in front of you Coz I don't want to be in line behind you when you ask this question.

Tooooooooooooooooooooooo deeeep and i've had tooooooooooo many shirbirts

So what is bothering you then???????

Good post by the way Nick ...gets the grey cells moving :thumbs:

It certainly wasn't any man invented deity.

And what makes you so certain? Do you have irrevocable proof that this isnt the case? Until someone can prove that there isnt or is a supreme being (i.e. God) then I prefer to have an open mind and not dismiss any theory.

I always find it strange when people castigate someone like david beckham for earning the money he does. How many of us would turn it away? The problem is not with David Beckham but with society who puts people like him on a pedastal.

At the end of the day, he will accept whatever money is offered - exactly the same as we would!

The problam with life is that there is no meaning to it - it's all entirely accidental and without point and the constant searching for meaning is just a by product of the intellect humans evolved - there is no point to life guys, life just is - just enjoy it and on your death bed hopefully you'll count more happy days than sad

And what makes you so certain? Do you have irrevocable proof that this isnt the case? Until someone can prove that there isnt or is a supreme being (i.e. God) then I prefer to have an open mind and not dismiss any theory.

The idea of a deity (whatever your race calls it from whatever time zone) is a man made theory to explain the unexplainable.

If there was a creator, it/they/thing would be long gone by now.... or at least far enough away not to be bothered by Creatures of Earth.

Personally I subscribe to the Douglas Adams theory from the Hitchikers which says we're an experiment controlled by mice to discover the question which leads to the ultimate answer of Life the Universe and Everything - 42.

It doesn't matter. You find comfort in whatever you believe in. Now will all the countries please agree on this and put down their guns for a few centuries please. Thank you.

You could dedicate your life to this question and never reach an answer which is universally accepted. I think the point is that the meaning of life is whatever you want it to be. That's why I think people strive for different things. Take my brother for example, has worked in a supermarket since he was 16, doesn't drive, happy to spend his life playing around on the computer and not really going out much, hasn't even got a passport and he's 26 years old, he doesn't aspire to do anything, yet he's perfectly content with ploding along everyday, in exactly the same town where he grew up.

So in that respect I agree with Wolf, there is no meaning to life, other than the meaning you attach to it, as we are all different. So live life to the fullest and grab every single opportunity in front of you, as in a thousand years, noone is going to care.

You only get the one lap round the track right??????

Anybody seen the ending of Men In Black 2! - "Ya still don't get it, do you"

The problem is not with David Beckham but with society who puts people like him on a pedastal.

Ain't that the truth.

IMHO life, is what you make it. You'll always have ups and downs. Money won't stop some of the the downs, like someone close to you being hurt, dying, or being killed.

Life is about having as much fun as possible in as short a time as we have. Now the next debate is, what is fun?

As for looking up at the stars, yes, to me that really does hold a huge mystery. If every star is a sun in another solar system, there are obviously billions of other planets out there, and as such, there MUST be life on other planets. I'd so much love to see what other forms of like look like. Even if it's not what we would class as 'inteligent' life....

The problam with life is that there is no meaning to it - it's all entirely accidental and without point and the constant searching for meaning is just a by product of the intellect humans evolved - there is no point to life guys, life just is - just enjoy it and on your death bed hopefully you'll count more happy days than sad

That for me is the meaning of life....

There is no meaning of life, it is all chance, all just a coincidence and i would like to bet there are millions of planets full of living creatures just like here on Earth.

But what about Physics, gravity, science? Is that all chance? Does science change on other planets? Alternative dimensions? What of people who believe they have lived as someone else before? So many questions, so little answers.

We have evolved greatly in the past 50 years but we still know so little, does anyone ask themselves, 'what will this place be like in 1000 yrs time?

We are only at the start of the earths life. What about people studying the big bang theory, apparently the big bang occured at a central point in the universe, everything was expanding from this point, but the expansion is slowing down and eventually everything will retract to this central point, then the big bang will happen again......So how many times has it happened?

Do you ever feel strange thinking about these things, as the human mind is not powerful enough to understand this or are we not meant to understand it?

Finally, this is the question which always gets me, where is the end of the universe? There is no end.....Impossible....

Another one for you, and think about this, what do you see when you die...........

Chris :cool:

Isn't the answer 42.

The meaning of life, the universe, and everything?

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy put this question to their super computer Deep Thought.

Deep Thought was designed by hyper-intelligent pan-dimensional beings, who wanted to know the answer to Life, the Universe, and Everthing.

Its creation annoyed a fair few philosophers, who felt that it was taking over their turf.

After seven and a half million years of serious cogitation, Deep Thought spoke the answer. However, it was so inexplicable that Deep Thought then had to go on and design the most powerful computer ever built (with no exceptions) to work out what the question was.

The new computer was the earth. :eek:

I actually read a really interesting book but god damn it I can't remember what it was called exactly - ubiquity I think???

Its basically about how matter in the universe, and how all systems no matter how different seem to have similar behaviour, poised at what the writers term its critical state or something. (using the example that when there is a patch of grass, and a path way all the way round it, people still walk diagonally across the patch of grass, which eventually creates a new pathway)

I'm not explaining this very well, but basically theorise that everything follows a single universal pattern of change, comparing worldwide events to the events that take place on a sand pile (if you create a pile of sand sooner or later it will topple). for this reason whilst you can predict the magnitude of earth quakes you can't predict when they will happen because the earths crust is for example a critical state? These theories are also extended to the universe and how we all began etc

Anyway, I've probably confused the hell out of everyone, and have gone slightly off topic :blonde: but I found it interesting anyway

I'll just get my coat...............

:twak:

the meaning of Life is a difficult one, pondered about by mankind for eons

My answer is My Supra, she is the reason to live, a means to an end, the 1 thing that keeps me going when things are bad.

I sit in the car and drive my troubles away.............. :innocent: