The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Car battery>Mains device

Supragal

Rosie, I just got a portable power unit to jump start the soop as my battery was drained. (You don't have to use the jump leads you can recharge the soop battery from the units battery via the cigarette lighter socket to save those aftermarket electrical items from blowing) It also has a 250psi compressor (With Guage) to pump up your tyres, has a 300watt 12-240v power inverter so, it has a normal 3pin plug on the side so, I can run household items out in the field. It has a twin bulb fluorescent light on the side too.

I got it from Halfrauds for £69 and will do me for places like POD, where I can now lower my tyre pressures and then pump them up afterwards along with jump starting my car if I forget to turn the radio off while stuck in the queue.

They are not shown on Halfrauds web site.....but, here is what it's lower spec brother looks like (The units are the same size) http://www.shop.edirectory.co.uk/autosave/pages/moreinfoa.asp?pe=BGEGJEEQ_+Ring+Powerpack+120+Portable+Power&cid=225

I got a new HCB005 battery for the soop too, just to be safe :)

that is cheap....tempting... how fast will it drain a battery?

A rough rule of thumb with 12v inverters, is to divide the power consumption, in Watts, of the equipment connected to the inverter by 10, to give the current required from the 12v supply in Amps.

eg. 100w bulb/10 = approx 10 Amps current draw

So a 300w inverter run at full load needs 30 amps, a fairly heavy current draw. Its never really a good idea to use the starter (vehicle) battery for any length of time (without running the engine) otherwise its easy to drain the battery enough for the starter to not be able to turn the engine over.