The mkiv Supra Owners Club

I converted a bmw driver

dangerous brain

Mate of mine is down for a couple of days, has a 328 bmw cabrio. Not your typical BM driver though (he has a fleet of old rovers and mg's). He is a proper car nut so first thing he said was "cmon then lets see this beast you keep going on about" (he's always been sceptical about the car). Took him out for a wee drivette firstly through the new forest staying very much legal (40 through most of it). He was getting bored so after we stopped for a quick half a shandy we proceeded onto the A31 and then the M27. Within 3 seconds of heading down the slip road onto the A31 the boy was whoopin like an 8 year old with a free pass in a sweety factory. Oh btw all this was with the roof off. I beleive that speeds of approx 140 kleptons were hit on the M27 hauled rapidly back down to 70 and then horsed back up again in the time it takes to fart :eyebrows: .

He honestly could not beleive the acceleration on it. I pulled into the services and swapped seats. Within 30 seconds of getting in the drivers seat the buffoon had it 90 sideways and fishtailing back onto the dual carriageway from the slip road (thats with the RLTC on max trying to stop him). He behaved after that and accorded the car the respect it deserves. He was like king of the chesire cats by the time we got back to Bournemouth. When he got out he said to me "now I see what the fuss is about. I have never driven a car before that you physically can not get away with max throttle and have to back off before". He has had some nifty motors in his time and drives his cars in his words like he stole them.

Anyways we pull into burger king for a spot of eats and he rushes off to the toilet as he almost p*ssed himself with sheer joy and excitement :alien: We have a convert to the cause now. He wants one to add to his fleet of cars.

Bet he didn't indicate...:)

The poor boy didnt have time to indicate. A fellow BMW driver had gone to the end of the slip road and stopped because he had no contemplation of traffic integration. My mates exact words were "what the f*ck is that c*nt in the BM doing FFS, hes stopped at the end of the sliproad" Then he swore a bit more at him whilst trying to look over his shoulder at oncoming traffic to see what the hell the guy had stopped for and then after 2 seconds of hesitation thought f*ck it I can get in the outside lane with the rest of the traffic that is doing 80+ from a 10 mph rolling trundle.

The resulting fishtailing action across the slip road, the inside lane, and the outside lane finally placed him where he belonged..... in the humble pie division.

The best bit of it all was afterwards when he ranted on about all BMW drivers being total pricks,,,,,and parked on my driveway is his BMW lol.

:cool: Nice work Brian.

I remember my first trip in a Supra...the only thing I'd been in before of the same acceleration was a Supercharged Vantage (the hand built one) I was amazed but annoyed coz didn't think I would ever be able to afford something that goes that fast...until I bought my first Supra that is....its a drivers car.

I hate these people who flick their indicators once when they pull out

...it userally happens when they are going fairly fast on the motorway

...its almost like they think they are going so fast that they feel they havent got time to keep the indicators on.

All these little juvinile ways really annoy me if I'm going really fast I keep my indicators on for a bit longer than normal coz most are less likely to respond at short notice

...but thats coz I drive a Supra TT and not a rep mobil! so used to going fast and very aware of the consequences of someone ahead who dosn't know how fast you are going...to give them plenty of warning! I want them to stay alive as well as me!

:p