The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Just test drove my car in the wet and...

Carl_S

My old Supra was rubbish in the wet. It was always sliding and the backend was all over the place.

My new Supe is a whole different ball game. It feels so tight and precise through corners, in all weather. And that was before I fitted the RTLC!! ;)

that could have been incorrectly set up rear suspension or poor wet weather tyres, both of which could be rectified if you'd had the geometry checked??

L

Yeah for sure if a car is slipping all over the place at the mere site of rain there is something badly amiss in the setup or tyres. I'm finding that a sense of self preservation controls my traction very adequately at the moment. RLTC allows a little heavier right foot with alot more confidence but like said previously if the setups not great then you are on a hiding to nothing.

Wish I was so enthusiastic about my car though.

dash, what do you think made the difference?

It's a good question. Both cars are on Bilstein yellow shocks with stock J-Spec suspension. Both cars have the same tyres; Goodyear Eagle F1s. (In fact, the tread on the old car was much better than on my current one.)

My current car does have stock TT wheels, while my old one had 18" rims. I can't honestly believe that can account for such a massive difference in handling, so I can only presume (as turbonut suggested), that the geometry was set up wrong on the old car. It was something I always considered having done, but then I just started thinking that was how Supras behaved in the wet.

Now I know how wrong I was. Supras in the wet are AWESOME!

:)