The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My new supe!

SilverSoop

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi mate dont want to give you alarm bells, was this car bought from auto terminal ?? and then sold on..UNREGISTERED

as you cant register a 98 tt in uk..

ask CJ on here am sure he knows the car http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=83469

If that is the same car then I do know it. I was offered it on the understanding that the importers registered the car as part of the deal as I had queried the '98 thing too. After much umming and arghing by the import company, I walked away.

I hope the selling garage have done their homework as they too could be stuck with a car that cannot be registered until next year.

Shane called me eariler today and thus far it seems legit. He's seen the SVA certificate, MOT, registration document and it has UK plates. I've got the UK reg plate here but until now forgot to check it with the DVLA site (will get onto that now :rolleyes: ).

Good news. Lets hope it works out OK for him.

Shane called me eariler today and thus far it seems legit. He's seen the SVA certificate, MOT, registration document and it has UK plates. I've got the UK reg plate here but until now forgot to check it with the DVLA site (will get onto that now :rolleyes: ).

any update mate - as if they can register a 98 now it means anybody can..

i know several import companies (not naming names ) will say a 98 is 97 model so they can get plates...

as a late 97 model (july onwards) will have the same plate as a (early 98 model till july 98).

check the V5 if its a 98 car on V5 then there is a model report somewhere..

but i reckon its been registered as a 97 model, and to make it look genuine early 98 shares same letter in reg as of a lete 97 model car so by this it can make it seem to be 98 car but infact its been registered as a 97.

if am wrong then why cant nobody register 98 VVTi cars ??

any update mate - as if they can register a 98 now it means anybody can..

i know several import companies (not naming names ) will say a 98 is 97 model so they can get plates...

as a late 97 model (july onwards) will have the same plate as a (early 98 model till july 98).

check the V5 if its a 98 car on V5 then there is a model report somewhere..

but i reckon its been registered as a 97 model, and to make it look genuine early 98 shares same letter in reg as of a lete 97 model car so by this it can make it seem to be 98 car but infact its been registered as a 97.

if am wrong then why cant nobody register 98 VVTi cars ??

Good point jurgen cheers, yeh i saw the V5, the sva certificate and went i went to view the car for the first time, she had the uk plates on already. I'll let you know what happens when i pick her up today whether she's ben registered as a 97' 0r a 98'. Thanks for your concern though, had me going there for a minute! :D

Shane, congrats on the new purchase, I know you've been looking for a while, so well done fella. I was speaking with Lui about arranging a London Run before Xmas, it'll be nice to see your new motor at that meet. ;)

Yeh cheers wayne mate, yeh definetely, let us know when you, lui, p111ddy and anybody else want to go for a run :D

At least i'll be able to keep up with you and lui now!

Just leaves you mike...:D :p

I had a look at this one a couple of months ago when it was up at £14995, it is only down the road from me.

I queried the year and how he was able to get it registered, apparently he has paid for an SVA to be done and already had the plates for it, didn't have them to hand though and couldn't tell me the registration at the time though.

Got him to start it up though and it sounded fantastic!:)