The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Sky Renewal

juanchan

Just got my renewal from Sky for my 97 BMW 518 touring... £990. I thought WTF!!! Called them and got it reduced to £282, phew!

Turns out they'd accidently quoted my renewal on the Supra I had before.

Let's hope they don't do that for me when it comes to renewing the daily drive insurance!

I'm not sure, I'm 21 now so it's not my age? They said "Maybe when you have been with us a year 3rd party we can think about going fully comp" Mean underwriter they have :(

I'd recommend you call back and speak to Jae, he's mentioned before there should be no problem insuring under 30's.

how can an insurance company up the price after being with them a year? surely it should ALWAYS be cheaper (unless you've claimed or somthing)

Because the personal aspect of your quote is insignificant!

The only aspect of your quote which is about YOU and your driving experience is your past accidents and the "supposed" no claims bonus.

Your quote is more affected by factors like your car, your location, last year's theft statistics, etc.

The personal aspect of your quote is insignificant!

The insurance company quote is primarily based on how much of a risk they think you will be in the upcoming year.

Now, whilst one more year of proven safe driving is in your favour, there's a whole host of other parameters that may have changed from their persepctive.

Also, remember that inflation also affects everything - including insurance prices - the personal aspect of your quote is insignificant!

:soap: ;)