The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Clear Headlight Lenses

suprattgaz

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sean, you got untrimmed didn't you - trim them back as far as flush as you can with the lip otherwise they will stick out from the car too much on the wing and bonnet side of the light. You will see what i mean when you offer them up.

Good luck with fitting everyone!;):)

Any questions please don't hesitate to ask. I have done this enough times now to know all the tricks - better safe than sorry!

Can you just tell us the tricks then? How about a pictured tutorial?

LOL, see second thread. That is about all I can help with except specifics.

Only extras I can think of are try and keep the lenses as tight to the original lens as you can or it will look out of place with the car line, keep offering up to the car throughout the process. Try your damned hardest to keep it all water tight cos they are a pain if there is a leak, nothing worse than condensation in your new lights.

ummm, clean and polish the lense internally before sealing it.......can't think of much else. Should all be in the fitting guide i wrote up this summer. :)

The insert is too close to the lense (like touching it). To cut it out in place you will deffinitly damage the insert. I have though about it several times, and there is no way but to remove the lense.

Start in a corner (bottom inner, where there is the biggest gap) heat and use a screwdriver or somehitng to start to prise it open. Once it gets going you are off, it's just the first release that is hard. I have done it 4 times now and can have one open in 5 mins, it's just technique.:cool:

Any more questions, keep em coming, i'm not shy!!!;)

The insert is too close to the lense (like touching it). To cut it out in place you will deffinitly damage the insert. I have though about it several times, and there is no way but to remove the lense.

Start in a corner (bottom inner, where there is the biggest gap) heat and use a screwdriver or somehitng to start to prise it open. Once it gets going you are off, it's just the first release that is hard. I have done it 4 times now and can have one open in 5 mins, it's just technique.:cool:

Any more questions, keep em coming, i'm not shy!!!;)

right ok ill keep at it lol

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.