The mkiv Supra Owners Club

14.5mpg

Supra-Brett

Interesting thread.

What about the air filter...if you have an induction kit on the car then this may be a cause too...

When I had my E46 BMW 328i I was doing about 30-31 mpg, when I put the induction kit on, the on-board computer registered only 22-23mpg most of the time, when I took it off it raised back up again.

Funny,Ive had scoobies,evos,supras and not ONCE have i ever tried to calculate mpg, just put the petrol in and drive it..if u need to keep calculating and checking how much the fuel is costing then i believe you shouldnt be driving the car TBH

Don't agree with that at all. If someone is getting 8mpg in a car that can do 25 mpg then something isn't working correctly. And if it is for the sake of a £80 02 sensor that will pay for itself in no time then it's definitly worth checking wouldn't you say.

im seeing around 60miles - £20 round town driving and long runs 80miles - £20

I'm pretty sure this is the same as what mine does - there was me thinking it was good mpg :rolleyes:

How easy are the sensors to change? Do you have to be a mechanic or can anyone with basic knowledge change them?

• 6 months later...
Anything else cause 15mpg from an NA folks? Got a mate who's experiencing this and has changed the o2 sensors. :(

mine was doing about 22, then started running very poor and was around the 15 mpg mark, checked my error codes and it was the tps sensor, sorted this out and it went back up, got 25 on my trip to southend at the weekend:)

OEM ones?

I have the same problem, currently waiting on funds and getting genuine as the universal ones clearly have made no difference.

mine was doing about 22, then started running very poor and was around the 15 mpg mark, checked my error codes and it was the tps sensor, sorted this out and it went back up, got 25 on my trip to southend at the weekend:)

Many thanks guys. Will get the info. and report back. :)