The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Project Resore Supra : Finished respray pics (56k don't bother)

JohnnyW

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Out of interest, how much did the full respray cost you? Thinking about having mine sprayed a different colour in the near future :)

I had a lot of extra work that needed done like the panel alignment and also sorting out a lot of half assed work that was done on a previous repair so that was quite time consuming for them. I think if you were going in with a fairly good conditioned Supra and just wanted the colour change probably be looking at about £1400 ish.

Axis hiro's i believe, same ones jamie p had before the last set ;)

Almost, these ones are Dare Hiro's I think Axis went bust and Dare bought that moulds. They are pretty much identical expect the Axis ones had that name stamped into one of the spokes, which looked pretty nice.

Thanks again for the kind comments guys makes the expense and effort worth it :thumbs:

I had a lot of extra work that needed done like the panel alignment and also sorting out a lot of half assed work that was done on a previous repair so that was quite time consuming for them. I think if you were going in with a fairly good conditioned Supra and just wanted the colour change probably be looking at about £1400 ish.

WOW! that is a good price for what looks like an amazing job! I planned to budget around twice as much as that.

WOW! that is a good price for what looks like an amazing job! I planned to budget around twice as much as that.

Me too, my friend is meant to be doing mine for free as long as i supply the paint but has not me know for ages.

And he is a proffessional sprayer :)

Top job mate, well done you must be over the moon.

• 1 month later...

Thanks guys :D looking even better since those pics were put up, fitted some facelift indicators it's amazing what a difference they make to the look of the car. Also fitted an active spoiler and removed the red overspray that was on the exhaust from a half assed respray by one of the previous owners.

I've taken it off the road for a few months over the winter to do some small jobs that need done: new tailgate gas struts, boot rubber, fit undertrays, fit new stereo etc etc. Then in March time it's cambelt service and BPU :eyebrows:

Have a quick look at this thread: http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=40407

£90 for the pair, I think toyota want the best part of £200 for them.

G10ECK I'm in Dunfermline mate, are you through Leven way by any chance? Since I got the colour change done I keep getting texts from my mates through that way thinking they saw me :)

The car's off the road at the moment but I'll drop you a PM once when it's back on and BPU'd if you fancy a Fife mini meet! :cool:

Have a quick look at this thread: http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=40407

£90 for the pair, I think toyota want the best part of £200 for them.

G10ECK I'm in Dunfermline mate, are you through Leven way by any chance? Since I got the colour change done I keep getting texts from my mates through that way thinking they saw me :)

The car's off the road at the moment but I'll drop you a PM once when it's back on and BPU'd if you fancy a Fife mini meet! :cool:

im from glenrothes mate but in leven alot at friends houses

a mini meet would be great, good to be able to put a face to names

where in leven is crc? is it bob dougall's place? just up from the coop?

he has done a stunning job from the looks of it

did he take all the glass out?

soz for all the questions but some scrote did my supe with a key and as the car is being worked on i want it painted too

alex

CRC Bodyworks is in Bandbeath Industrial estate if you're come into Leven from Glenrothes you pass the Whiskey distillery then you come to the traffic lights where you can turn right to go down to the sea front or straight on to go through Leven. You take a left there and it's 2nd left.

The guys name is Ian Meecher they did do a really good job on it I'm very pleased with it.

• 1 month later...