The mkiv Supra Owners Club

LED Rear Lights

heckler

if i can find some company to mass produce the PCB's to the required shape - problem is as there not circular, it would still involve me shaping the PCB's to fit, so I'm actually back at square one again. another possibility is to have fibreglass inners made to take circular PCB's.

Fair enough Si

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if i can find some company to mass produce the PCB's to the required shape - problem is as there not circular, it would still involve me shaping the PCB's to fit, so I'm actually back at square one again. another possibility is to have fibreglass inners made to take circular PCB's.

I'll be getting first hand info. soon. This is a very complicated issue which Si deals with in a way that doesn't make it so compl;icated for us.

Top job to be honest.:)

• 2 months later...

You think you/someone could do something like this?

http://img236.imageshack.us/img236/4861/75682822at8.gif

Could be interesting each time you stop :p

Or this when you turn.

http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/163/23490567bc6.gif

Is it just me or would that be cool?

Quite simple electronics

You think you/someone could do something like this?

http://img236.imageshack.us/img236/4861/75682822at8.gif

Could be interesting each time you stop :p

Or this when you turn.

http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/163/23490567bc6.gif

Is it just me or would that be cool?

Quite simple electronics

I think its just you! saying that, the indicators not too bad..

Guest CoolsBlue

well if you can get that done, like what guisgys just showed, plug and play versions, id be up for a set;) BUT! would want it on a set of pre facelift lights, not facelift...

I saw a similar thing on a vid of an old american car. It had a cluster of 3 square lights at the back on each side in a line. When he indicated left they lit up - Inner left, middle left, far left and the repeated. looked very cool.

And when he came to a stop it lit up the middle of the custer of 3 followed by the 2 outer ones. and when he moved away again it did the reverse.

Guest CoolsBlue

price me up, if i sent my rear lights to you, for that conversion fitted + delivered, total price plz

(in a mr.burns voice)

just give me a price:d

at a ball park figure - £600-700 could be more - all depends on how long it takes to redesign the PCB etc... I *don't* think there will be a big market for them...

Is this for pre-facelift? I would be interested as my car is black and i like having pre-facelift rears on.

Obvioulsy not for that price though lol.

for the funky lights? as guigsy posted? Price is for either. The cost is for the time it take me to design the PCB's

put it this way, took me nearly 2 weeks to come up with the final layout of the PCB's on my car!

why dont people understand? the amount of time it takes to design/redesign?? A big company can do this much cheaper as the mass produce/sell. Being an individual I cant do it. If poeple start complaining about cost, I'll stop making them as its not worth my time/effort.

Its funny, when TS showed the first set on the V12 supe everyone seemed want a set almost regardless of price (IIRC £600 ish), but I can produce TS copies for 1/2 the price, everyone runs away at the cost!

So perhaps after I've done the next set (which has sold) I'll stop, and only make them for myself.

for the funky lights? as guigsy posted? Price is for either. The cost is for the time it take me to design the PCB's

put it this way, took me nearly 2 weeks to come up with the final layout of the PCB's on my car!

Ah right no sorry, i can't see what Guigsy posted as i am in work.

I'm going to go for a set of the J-Spec ones off you (eventually and if your still doing them). I thought you meant you had to re-design for pre-facelift as the ones you had did was facelift. I was confusing myself lol, i couldn't figure out how it would be different to facelifts but now i know you guys were talking about something completely different.

For what its worth i think you are being pretty fair with the price. I don't know how many hours go into making a set but i remember seeing the materials alone costing £100 or so. £100 of PCB and LED's is going to be a lot of work lol.

Ah right no sorry, i can't see what Guigsy posted as i am in work.

I'm going to go for a set of the J-Spec ones off you (eventually and if your still doing them). I thought you meant you had to re-design for pre-facelift as the ones you had did was facelift. I was confusing myself lol, i couldn't figure out how it would be different to facelifts but now i know you guys were talking about something completely different.

For what its worth i think you are being pretty fair with the price. I don't know how many hours go into making a set but i remember seeing the materials alone costing £100 or so. £100 of PCB and LED's is going to be a lot of work lol.

448 LED's, 98 resistors, etc... ;) and 14hrs

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.