The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Finally got myself a Supra!

Getrag

Originally posted by Getrag

Forgot to say, has Tein adjustable suspension.

Here are a couple more of the Front.

Oh you just gotta go drifting with it at Crail now! Providing it has an LSD of course. Anyone remember the letter on the end of the chassis code that indicates it has an LSD - 'B' I think it was, and 'A' indicates an open diff???

A guy I know is organising a track day at Crail BTW:

To get full use of the airfield its £35 per head.

this is for saterday the 26th of febuary 10am till 4pm.

It will be mostly jap stuff that goes, many 200SX's, scoobies etc too... and hopefully Supra's.

You want in? Anyone else want in? Perfect place to learn to get to grips with a Supra - you can use the 8val sprint / drift track or use the coned out track, no danger of hitting anything that way - just huge expanses of tarmac cos it's an airfield.

Cheers,

Brian.

This SS-R racewars again? Went to one in the supra a few years ago... was brillaint...

Getrag - Its certainly not a shy entrance to supra ownership!

The bonnet - there are 3 catches i think, mine sometimes looked like it was stuck up, but it wasnt actually on all catches..... worth a look.

Wheels - agree with brian.... they look a bit busy for the car.... maybe some BBS LM's yum yum

Originally posted by Adam Kindness

This SS-R racewars again? Went to one in the supra a few years ago... was brillaint...

Getrag - Its certainly not a shy entrance to supra ownership!

The bonnet - there are 3 catches i think, mine sometimes looked like it was stuck up, but it wasnt actually on all catches..... worth a look.

Wheels - agree with brian.... they look a bit busy for the car.... maybe some BBS LM's yum yum

Nah it's a private one Adam, a friend of mine is organising it - plenty of space for Supra's though! :)

Cheers,

Brian.

Originally posted by tDR

Oh you just gotta go drifting with it at Crail now! Providing it has an LSD of course. Anyone remember the letter on the end of the chassis code that indicates it has an LSD - 'B' I think it was, and 'A' indicates an open diff???

thats right although if you've got a manual TT it should definitely have one.

Well done on shunning the '300' hope it was worth it?!:D

Hey,

Just got back from holiday to see this!

Nice one G! looks like you got a real cracker!

I think its pretty funny how the "most unlikely" ones to get a supe anywhere near in the future finally got them and so close together!:D

Happy motoring! and how was the insurance in the end?????????

I was thinking the same thing Tom lol. You wait ages then it seems to happen all very suddenly.

You'll be in the same situation as me...getting used to the power, attention, noises. Its all great fun though. The boy-racers flying up behind you and following you around town :p

I ended up going with A-plan in the end. They got me the best deal in the end at around £1800. Considering all my mods, 3 points and age, it could have been worse. Come next year with being 25, one more year no-claims, it should be a different story.

Happy motoring to you to. G.

well done mate looks the dogs, i am only 10 mins away from you wouldnt mind a look in the flesh.

i think i know how that bonnet gets fixed, i had a similar problem as i have the same bonnet. there are 2 rubber winders just look like stoppers just to the left of where the ind kit sits, if you wind them down that should sort you out.

sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet, one more car capable of nailing the local cossie i love it

lackie

Thanks Lackie, I'll have a look at and see if I can find what you mean. Will it be on mine (fibreglass)...yours was the CF wasnt it? Im in the Mearns...where are you? Hopefully see you driving around if not at our mini meet.

Cheers Ben, your right, I was so worried....didnt even think it was gonna happen till I was actually driving it away. Then big smiles :D :eyebrows: :devil: