The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Problem with 2nd turbo! Help!

supra_surj

Hi guys got a problem when number 2 tubbie comes online. The first spools up nicely, at 4k revs the 2nd turbo comes online. Now usually this will keep going to redline but for the past 2 weeks it stops at 5k. The car starts shaking and juddering and doesnt go past 5k. Would anyone know what this means or what i could check?

Im quite worried about this.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having the same drama myself (Among other things) After hours of chatting with the people that can ,I'm concentrating my search with either the sub throttle position sensor or the TC actuator.

Still not found the source of the drama yet tho :(

Seems to only be boosting stock 0.7 bar rather than 1.2 bar And only about 4000 rpm,roundabout when the 2nd tubby comes online.

Ive checked spark plugs,coil pack,throttle position sensor,all vsv's,egcv,vac hoses.

Ive even changed my magic tree but didn't work :(

I only know from what I'm suggested to check mate,I'm no guru lol

Its just been an on going problem for a while now :(

Unfortunately i think i need to replace my turbos now so i wont know if ive found the problem until that is done or indead if that is the problem.

easy, theres a sensor attached to the side of the gearbox, get under the car, its on the right hand side of the gearbox if you look from the front, pull it out, clean it and put it back. changing the oils even easier - get a mechanic to do it - didnt cause me any issues whatsoever :D

it fixed the problem yeah, but my turbo's were working fine, it was when i started moving off that the revs played up. apparently its caused by dirt in the gearbox meaning the sensor gives incorrect reading and the traction control gets confused or something :search: but its a five minute job and could be worth doing regardles of if it fixes it or not....

but definately check the error codes too...

E1-TE1 Code check .....I was too slow with my answer its allready said.....TPS ..Sub Tps also check your connectors at the vsv's and your Tubing...you may have a vacum leak

Cass, i assume you are already BPU ?

i know you said your spark plugs are ok but what type are you using ?

I had this very same problem when i first changed to BPU, you may not have had the problem to start with but as the weathers got colder this affects the way your car is running and hence only just started getting this problem.

i checked my sparks but like yours they seemed in good condition but thought i'd change them anyway which solved the problem straight away.

I strongly suggest getting some new spark plugs, try IK24 Irdium sparks.