The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra Top Gear Test Track

grahamc

laugh... i like it!!!

You know, I'd be tempted, if it was just to get you driving it!!

and I did change all 6 of my plugs 4 days after my accident because of a missfire... stupid thing to do really I was a mess.

I don't know about everyone else but I'd be mental wreck having to take so long to get your car up and running.. I'd want it finished yesterday :)

I hope it lives up to your expectations when it's all done. No-one could ever question criticise for rushing it ;) and patience like yours deserves respect!

It could be argued that its laziness :blush:

I guess the way to do it is to take your car round there rather than weight for Top Gear to take it round (not likely!). You can take your own car round that track. Not sure how it's organised, but my mate is taking his VX220 Turbo round there some time soon I believe. I've seen some people with "Fast than the Stig" T-shirts, and I believe it's because they took their cars round there (or maybe just bought the t-shirt ;-)).

E.g:

http://www.ultimatejapcars.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=17909

The location:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunsfold#Dunsfold_Park

http://www.dunsfoldaerodrome.com/contact_us.asp

The reason I ask, is that a mate of mine at work owns a volvo s40 type r thing that went around the track. Not the best of times, but he thinks his car standard will beat my supra (450bhp) round the track.

lol...my bro has a S40 T4-R (fastest 1 they make) and it wouldnt stand a chance against my stock SZ let alone a TT. And lets not even bring up the handling of those...lets just say its less than impressive! i know...i drove it over 3500 miles across europe!

lol...my bro has a S40 T4-R (fastest 1 they make) and it wouldnt stand a chance against my stock SZ let alone a TT. And lets not even bring up the handling of those...lets just say its less than impressive! i know...i drove it over 3500 miles across europe!

My mates V70 T5 gives my TT a good run for it's money from 30-80ish.

you will be surprised how quick it is, especially the lower gears... AWD.

a good mate of mine runs his company at dunsfold park were the top gear track is i only live 20 mins away he has given me a pass to get on the site 24 /7 so far ive been round the track in my supra my wife's civic type r and my mates caterham by far the best fun was in the caterham

a good mate of mine runs his company at dunsfold park were the top gear track is i only live 20 mins away he has given me a pass to get on the site 24 /7 so far ive been round the track in my supra my wife's civic type r and my mates caterham by far the best fun was in the caterham

I went around killarney race track in cape town in a caterham, awesome fun... Empty track, racing shoes, sunglasses and no windscreen... so much FUN!

Despite our unbiased opinion, I don't think the TG team are too impressed with Supes. I was in the studio audience a few years ago and got talking to the Hamster during a filming break. He recognised the Glos accent being a Local Person. When the question he's never asked 1000 times was asked to keep the conversation going 'What car do you drive?' to which I replied 'A Supra!', he replied 'Oh one of those.' I don't think he was too impressed. And why should he with his job.

If TG dosnt even want to put an Ultima GTR (that beat the top time by around 4 seconds!) on the show there is no hope in hell of a supra ever being on there. To be fair I am glad as they would just show it as a chav's dream car! Look at that skyline from a few seasons back that was just doing donuts and was being assosiated with a bunch of chavs in a 106