The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Bonnet Dispute With GJP (Gary)

Kopite

Dirty washing? Get a life Col.

I have one mate - and its very good. It isn't one that needs to post on a forum hoping to get support and then when that support fails to materialise decides to throw strops. :)

I certainly wouldn't have posted up the latest part about what you are offering. What is that for? Hoping for more support again? Why not keep the details between you and the other party?

Get a life? Look in the mirror fella!

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This wasn't about getting support - I'm not a headless monkey who needs to get reassurance from a bunch of people I don't even know. This was about getting opinions on the matter, other viewpoints and thoughts. What part of that do you now understand? Where have I thrown a strop? I said earlier on that I wanted opinions, I didn't take kindly to your stinking attitude in your first post and I decided to let you know. This had started way earlier and I'd been in discussions with a mod several weeks ago about it. I'll look in the mirror, yep I'm happy with my life at the minute. Now if you're not going to get it through your thick head that this wasn't about gaining support etc then stop posting in here and go and do whatever makes you happy. If i'd been wanting support or been after reassurance or something, I would of added a poll.

I feel for you Kopite - it is a bad situation for both of you.

I don't think you should have to do anything here - he signed it - that voided any possible comeback you could have. If he still thinks he has a case - it should be against the couriers - not you.

It should be a lesson to all really - be very sure, and very careful before signing anything.

I had an experience of this - I got some kit sent to my parents house - and TOLD my mum to check it before signing. Well she tried - and the delivery driver would not let her !!! It is a common trick - one that perhaps this guy fell in to. Luckily for me - my mum would not have it, and called me. Suddenly having a young bloke with bruised knuckles in front of him made him have a change of mind. Much harder to fob off/intimidate than a lady no doubt.

If he still thinks he has a case - it should be against the couriers - not you.

Generally, a person not party to a contract between Kopite and the courier is not able to sue the courier. In short only Kopite can claim against the courier and the buyer can only claim against Kopite.

Kopite: I think you making an offer is a sensible one. Personally I would only offer a full refund if the item was returned to me and if the buyer won't do that then technically you could argue you have every right not to give a full refund. With a partial refund like you are doing everyone can walk away (reasonably) happily.

CJ: After Kopite initially posted on the forum in the first place don't you think it appropriate now (in order to protect his reputation) that he show the board that he is making some effort to resolve the situation? If he started the thread and refused to budge through the whole thing he might just look an idiot... at least he is showing willing which a board members would respect him for.

- all my comments are my own opinions.

The sellers obligation:

Make sure item sold + sent is of condition described.

Ensure correct insurance and packaging.

I presume the seller / agent would also take photos to confirm that the item left them in the condition described in the ad to ensure they were protected should they be taken to court?

Was an actual pic of the item used when the item was put up for sale?

Otherwise how would the courier / buyer know that the item wasn't already damaged?

(I'm not saying it was damaged in advance, just asking the sort of questions a court would)

In which case is is hard luck for the buyer. Check before signing!

The sellers obligation:

Make sure item sold + sent is of condition described.

Ensure correct insurance and packaging.

Buyer:

Check above BEFORE accepting.

Low and behold anyone buying anything from you then :rolleyes:

I think he has got it about right, on one hand he did sign for it although most couriers do not have this policy that once signed for "as is" then its tough!! but it was signed for which made the claim useless but also the item was clearly sent out with not enough insurance on it in the first place so that is the responsibility of the seller so as i said before i think somewhere in the middle is about right and i hope this is now resolved??

Also to post up that you intimidated a courier driver is not too clever!!

Low and behold anyone buying anything from you then :rolleyes:

I think he has got it about right, on one hand he did sign for it although most couriers do not have this policy that once signed for "as is" then its tough!! but it was signed for which made the claim useless but also the item was clearly sent out with not enough insurance on it in the first place so that is the responsibility of the seller so as i said before i think somewhere in the middle is about right and i hope this is now resolved??

Also to post up that you intimidated a courier driver is not too clever!!

Why would someone NOT buy something from me due to that? Sell item as described, package correctly and insure to correct value. What more would you like????

The insurance was fine, but it was null and void the minute the buyer signed for it.

Maybe it is not too clever - I forgot we are all politically correct, law abiding folks on here. Which is of course why we all feel that a 300hp car is not quite enough. But do I care? No. If a courier wants to try and intimidate my mum, or any other lady, its open house.

but also the item was clearly sent out with not enough insurance on it in the first place so that is the responsibility of the seller so as i said before i think somewhere in the middle is about right and i hope this is now resolved??

Just to clarify, the item WAS covered upto £1000.

Michael - there was a photo of the bonnet yes, but not no one took photos of themselves putting it in the box, can't imagine many people would do that although I'm going to from now on

Just to clarify, the item WAS covered upto £1000.

Michael - there was a photo of the bonnet yes, but not no one took photos of themselves putting it in the box, can't imagine many people would do that although I'm going to from now on

fair enough bud, was just looking at it from a couriers point of view etc and the £10 per KG was from the T&Cs of their service.

i hope its sorted now bud and may be worth closing this now as i think its run its course ;)

all the best

Mike