The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Royal Mail Latest - Rad Cover People

M4RK RZ

no this is exactly what i mean when i say this isnt about money!!!!!!!! we strike to save jobs and yes it pisses people off butthey want 40 000 job losses..not maybe,not possible its a definate...i just cant beleive u think thats acceptable and have the attitude of well leave,we all have to put up with that....thats just incredible

People are made redundant every day, it's what happens in the real world of business.

I once got made redundant from Time computers, did everyone all go on strike demanding more pay and better working conditions when it got proposed? No.

I took the redundancy and got another job, it happens. All those still striking should be sacked IMO, there's your job cuts right there.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3, having to cover someonelse's delivery aswell as your own due to anual leave or absense for no additional pay

I'm sorry, but if you aren't working any extra hours than you are already being paid for, then I don't see a problem with this?!

I often have to cover other peoples workloads when they are ill/on holiday/too stupid to be able to do it themselves.

I then prioritise all the work I need to do accordingly and get on with it. If it requires working extra hours, then I may (if I feel like it) claim overtime.

This part is probably more relevant to small companies, but often I don't claim - because I have a bit of give and take with my employer - I like to come in late ;) but they know I will put the effort in and get the work done, even if it means working a bit late sometimes.

I find the whole job loss thing quite amusing to be honest. If the employees keep striking, then RM will continue to lose business. Loss of business = loss of revenue = loss of jobs eventually!

Personally I believe you make your own job security...

what and u dont think job security is worth fighting for? u think the awnser everythime is just oh well ive lost my job,better find another one...thats the most ridiculous thing i have heard

Get real, no business can guarantee "job security", it's a fact of life. When you signed your contract did it say anywhere in it, "we promise never to make you redundant ever"?

what and u dont think job security is worth fighting for? u think the awnser everythime is just oh well ive lost my job,better find another one...thats the most ridiculous thing i have heard

Its life. Lots of people get laid off every day and there is not a thing that they can do about it. Im not being funny sweetheart but, if they say "oh yeah, you have job security" are you really going to believe them? RM is loosing out on money faster than a prostitute collects STD's, they are on the demise, and suspect will continue to do so. Will be plenty of jobs cut then!

thats why we have a union to help safegaurd jobs...at the end of the day we aint going to agree on this....we (and that being 140000 post office workers) are doing wat is best for our job...your oppinions are your oppinions and i respect that...but saying life is a bitch,just role over and take it, like we all have had to is just crazy..

thats why we have a union to help safegaurd jobs...at the end of the day we aint going to agree on this....we (and that being 140000 post office workers) are doing wat is best for our job...your oppinions are your oppinions and i respect that...but saying life is a bitch,just role over and take it, like we all have had to is just crazy..

Why is that crazy? 60 million people minus 140000 post office workers all 'just take it'.

Keep it up mate.

No body seems to understand the real reason why the Royal mail are Striking etc. They like to make their own opinions and whine and winge about it. All i can say is if the Royal mail made it clearer they would have more support. My Dad's been on strike like the rest of the Postal staff, I've read the handout he was given, Its not right at all, If it were me in the same job i'd also be striking. :)

Keep it up mate.

No body seems to understand the real reason why the Royal mail are Striking etc. They like to make their own opinions and whine and winge about it. All i can say is if the Royal mail made it clearer they would have more support. My Dad's been on strike like the rest of the Postal staff, I've read the handout he was given, Its not right at all, If it were me in the same job i'd also be striking. :)

Our opinions are *exactly* that - our opinions.

If you're paid to do a job, do it. If you don't like it, leave! I've left more than one job in the past because I wasn't enjoying it, or didn't like the working conditions.

To be honest, I think you'll struggle to get anyone who doesn't work at (or know someone who works at) RM to give any sympathy as the public opinion is generally that you have had it far too easy!!

Its a ball ache all round but they have the right to strike and would do the same as everyone else when negotiating - try to get the most they can for the least amount of hassles :search:

I hope the union bosses can meet somewhere in the middle as nobody benefits from strikes least of all the workers :(

Maybe if you went to someone and said why you did not like the working conditions, Someone may have altered it, I mean this in genaral and not anyone in particular.....

I don't work for royal mail so don't no for sure, But i feel the a great percentage of royal mail staff really enjoy their job, I just think that the new rule regs etc etc the are being inforced are making them unhappy.

If I worked all day at my job, And someone said, The chap next door is going on holiday for two weeks, Can you do your normal job and all his work for two weeks, I'd kick up a fess. It may be two weeks, But all that extra work for nothing, Come on........:)

Maybe if you went to someone and said why you did not like the working conditions, Someone may have altered it.

I don't work for royal mail so don't no for sure, But i feel the a great percentage of royal mail staff really enjoy their job, I just think that the new rule regs etc etc the are being inforced are making them unhappy.

If I worked all day at my job, And someone said, The chap next door is going on holiday for two weeks, Can you do your normal job and all his work for two weeks, I'd kick up a fess. It may be two weeks, But all that extra work for nothing, Come on........:)

But thats what happens at a lot of companies?! When people are off, others have to pick up the slack - you think everything should just get put on hold for two weeks? I'm sure customers will love that approach to customer service... You just have to learn to manage your time - and if your manager was unreasonable about the amount of work, ask that he shared it out or something!

As for the unhappiness, I did approach, negotiations started, I decided they weren't going to be resolved, so I made the decision to leave.

That's normal for every where I've worked :rolleyes:

Someone goes on holiday and the "team" packs up the slack, would love to go to my boss and ask for more cash because someone else is on holiday, I'd be booted right out the door.

Or, just what was said in the post above, 1 min to late ;)

I got bored reading the post (no pun i promise) but it is clear that the public are not really being put out by the strike. they know you will have to deliver what has been posted and anything urgent is being faxed/couriered/emailed. In effect the strike is forcing users to make alternative arrangements which kills the jobs anyway. It is a bad strategy.

i am thanks.

i am having to get my wife to drive me into work every day till my tax turns,should have been here last week.

this causes me a problem because we have to sort out the kids make sure there all ready to go and fed before i can get a lift in,so for me its a hassle yes