The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Woohoo! finally sorted and back on the road!

Matt H

Erm, those are not my hybrids Matt. I supplied Hyper a set of stock twins that we had replaced on a customers car so they can get them rebuilt by their company, I have no idea whats in them though!

Regards,

Gaz.

Oh no I hope you dont have stock again from another tuner, did they tell you you have ENVY hybrids ?

Erm, those are not my hybrids Matt. I supplied Hyper a set of stock twins that we had replaced on a customers car so they can get them rebuilt by their company, I have no idea whats in them though!

Regards,

Gaz.

I must have my wires crossed, :scratch: ive still got a years warranty tho on the ones ive bought, what company do you have yours refurbed at gaz? PM me if you want, i think the company hyper use are called universal turbos

If they are steelies then they won't explode spectacularly. Any turbo rebuild place that's been about will rebuild them adequately otherwise they simply wouldn't be in business. If they are inefficient at higher boost because they aren't that good, the mapper should spot that via power dropoff, having to pull a lot of timing, air intake temps spiking, not needing as much additional fuel etc etc. There are many ways, none of which should result in a lunched engine or turbo.

Just take it easy working up to that level, and stick to the limits of whatever they tell you :)

-Ian

I must have my wires crossed, :scratch: ive still got a years warranty tho on the ones ive bought, what company do you have yours refurbed at gaz? PM me if you want, i think the company hyper use are called universal turbos

Hi Matt,

Its was Universal yeah, thats not who we use though. I am sure they will be good though, just as long as you know they are not our hybrids :)

Gaz.

If they are steelies then they won't explode spectacularly. Any turbo rebuild place that's been about will rebuild them adequately otherwise they simply wouldn't be in business. If they are inefficient at higher boost because they aren't that good, the mapper should spot that via power dropoff, having to pull a lot of timing, air intake temps spiking, not needing as much additional fuel etc etc. There are many ways, none of which should result in a lunched engine or turbo.

Just take it easy working up to that level, and stick to the limits of whatever they tell you :)

-Ian

Cheers for the advice Ian :thumbs: