The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Brushed aluminium ss dials - anyone?

Konrad

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup you should. All brushed one (paid) was sent, waiting for 2 payments to clear. Apologizes for mirror boys, today was first day in 2 weeks time I had day off and could polish mirror dials additionally, because some of them had some holograms and little transport scratches. All paid mirror ones will be sent tommorow, so should be at your place at Saturday. Mind you, it is recorded delivery, so someone will have to sign for.

TNT - I did not send yours, I will PM you tommorow, when I will know, which day will be my day off after Sunday.

Guest craig-mkiv

Hi all

thank's konio-nt i received the brushed dial's on friday morning 9/11/07 :D

so i fitted them on the afternoon when i finished work :p

here's a few photo's of them when dark :p

just to point out these are back lit with normal white bulb's ;)

Also today i decide to get the soldering iron out & put a blue L.E.D buld in the ciggy lighter :p i'm well pleased ;)

might do the rest now ;)

I'm impressed with effect on white bulbs :) I had occasion to see those dials only with blue led conversion lights :) Looks very, very nice I'm happy to see you are satisfied :) There is blue gel included in pack I sent you so you can put it onto odometer and clock to match rest of the car :) Thanks for i-trader rating too :)

Converting your heating controls will be right PITA at first, but if you are experienced with solder iron, you should be allright :) Actually I say, leave white bulbs and just convert rest to blue leds. Dials led lights are hard to set properly and even when you will put them properly, they will still more focused in certain areas, where as normal bulbs giving nice even light.

Konrad

could someone please tell me how on earth i get the clocks out? iv looked at the guide, iv undone the 4 screws but have no idear how to pull it how, its connected to some cables behind, how do i disconnect those as i cant get my hands round and im getting abit pissed off and will start to break things

There are 3 connectors on back of the dials, those are pretty tight plugged, you have to pull then firm but be carefull with knuckles :D Other cables I can think of are those from speed delimiter, you will have to unscrew 3 screws from back of dials to release cables. If you are REALLY desperate, you can always visit Wolverhampton, my hands are small and I can fit them behind dials :p

Oh and pulling out connectors is easy, putting them back is more fiddly. You will discover all new cursing words :D

I managed to change them with out taking anything out lol. i just left the clock casing all in there, took the clear front off, then the black surround and pulled them off. im abit worryed about when my cars actualy reving at. as it seems to depends on weather, how long its been running etc etc, but it will do lol

one of your bulbs is not working then :p

lol wow cheers mate, wicked advice lol nah they look abit better now its darker, nice and mellow. think i might invest in some brighter bulbs or LED's, been thinkin bout doing the dash anyway

Comments on the Dials: Great! Look wicked, nicely made and totaly transforms the dash. top job! Money well spent

lol wow cheers mate, wicked advice lol nah they look abit better now its darker, nice and mellow. think i might invest in some brighter bulbs or LED's, been thinkin bout doing the dash anyway

Comments on the Dials: Great! Look wicked, nicely made and totaly transforms the dash. top job! Money well spent

I was not sarcastic! But now another one. When you took off dials, did you also get rid of green gel covers from all background lights to make them brighter? ;)