The mkiv Supra Owners Club

It rains it pours - Is it possible?

Matt H

Why would it cost a significant amount more when he already has the supporting mods required to run a small single? A much more worthwhile direction to go in IMO, especially given the reliability record of most 'hybrids'.

Cheers,

Brian.

Is it really a good idea running a single on piggy back devices that you would use for Hybrids......?

Singles, have to be done properly, and as Darryl found out, there is no budget single kit out there, its all a marketing gimmick.

Gaz, how much has your single cost you so far, everything included, honestly....?

Is it really a good idea running a single on piggy back devices that you would use for Hybrids......?

Singles, have to be done properly, and as Darryl found out, there is no budget single kit out there, its all a marketing gimmick.

Gaz, how much has your single cost you so far, everything included, honestly....?

Why on earth not? You're doing exactly the same kind of mapping adjustments to fuel and timing and in fact you'd probably have to pull less timing on a small single than an inefficient set of hybrids pushing ever hotter air into the engine.

If you buy a decent small single kit - BL T61, PHR street or similar, then I can't see you having to pour in any extra money over the hybrids other than the initial extra purchase cost which ends up being a couple of hundred quid when you offset the extra labour cost of fitting hybrids over fitting a single kit.

I'm not talking about fitting a single with no supporting mods, trying to do it cheaply and spending twice as much trying to put it right or about paying to fix so called 'tuners' mistakes.... I'm talking about buying the right kit in the first place and doing it right putting it into place with the right supporting mods already in existence.

As Ian has pointed out, it's Matt's decision so we need to leave him to it but I can't swallow this notion it would cost huge amounts of extra money to fit a small single in his case over hybrids.

Cheers,

Brian.

Why on earth not? You're doing exactly the same kind of mapping adjustments to fuel and timing and in fact you'd probably have to pull less timing on a small single than an inefficient set of hybrids pushing ever hotter air into the engine.

If you buy a decent small single kit - BL T61, PHR street or similar, then I can't see you having to pour in any extra money over the hybrids other than the initial extra purchase cost which ends up being a couple of hundred quid when you offset the extra labour cost of fitting hybrids over fitting a single kit.

I'm not talking about fitting a single with no supporting mods, trying to do it cheaply and spending twice as much trying to put it right or about paying to fix so called 'tuners' mistakes.... I'm talking about buying the right kit in the first place and doing it right putting it into place with the right supporting mods already in existence.

As Ian has pointed out, it's Matt's decision so we need to leave him to it but I can't swallow this notion it would cost huge amounts of extra money to fit a small single in his case over hybrids.

Cheers,

Brian.

What type of small single are we talking though, T61 ?

Yes, as above.

I only said that cause this place changes its mind like the wind sometimes....;)

Back when I started knocking about on here, a single could be run with the same supporting mods as Hybrids, piggy fueling etc.....then it was deemed that that is the Trotters way of doing it and you should get proper mods in place, and now I guess its ok, I only ask as Im constantly trying to asses which route I should take and whats best.....