The mkiv Supra Owners Club

I was indeed screwed

Matt H

Why are they registered at a London Address though?

If that is them and they are a limited company then im stuck as Turbofit is no more i cant claim against an individual

edited - As the company has closed (poss gone out of business) Matt you are limited in what you can do anyway.

With a Ltd you can never claim against an individual only the company, dependant on how Turbofit close the company depends on your options, its more than likely they will go into insolvency and the only route is a small claims court, the law has just changed which benefits claimants over the government though, now the insolvency company get in there first and take there cut for their fees and then the rest is split between claimants finally any outstanding VAT is paid. or this is as understand it from Kate.

As an explaination of what Pete has said there is nothing to stop a.n.other from turbofit setting up another company doing the same thing, just the current directors of Turbofit can not i.e. Sam

Have they actually gone out of business, not according to company house they havent, just because the workshop is closed doesnt mean the company itself is closed.

Your right according to company house they are still in business, they are meant to submit paperwork if they intend to close the business which has not been done. However if Graham C is progressing a claim through the small claims court I would imagine this would be the first thing they would do/suggest!

editted orignial post!

Ive been thinking about the pro and cons of claiming with the evidence i have. I can imagine tryin to explain to a judge the differences in hybrids and stock turbos would be like tyring to explain tasteful modifying to No.1 Boyracer.

I thought it to myself im not in the greatest position, its not like i have a product number that i can show differs from before to after... then it hit me... why not? do turbos have serial numbers or anything? if i manage to find a number or something on the invoice from when the original hybrids and compared it to what they are no then i should have a bullet proof case.

So the question is, do they have individual codes or anything?

It wouldn't hurt to check on that address, just in case it can be of any use.

If you get lucky (and play it right) you might get leverage to claim back some money.

I've had to do it once, when I bought my second car from a con artist. He was good, and closed shop suddenly walking away with the money of lots more punters.

I got mine back, every single penny.

Ive been thinking about the pro and cons of claiming with the evidence i have. I can imagine tryin to explain to a judge the differences in hybrids and stock turbos would be like tyring to explain tasteful modifying to No.1 Boyracer.

I thought it to myself im not in the greatest position, its not like i have a product number that i can show differs from before to after... then it hit me... why not? do turbos have serial numbers or anything? if i manage to find a number or something on the invoice from when the original hybrids and compared it to what they are no then i should have a bullet proof case.

So the question is, do they have individual codes or anything?

So do you have documentation to prove Hybrids were on your car before it went to TF then?

Even though Chris said to me yesterday that he cant remember the job, fair enough really as he sees many a car, he confirmed to me that i had steel exhaust side turbos. I you read everything else, regardless that Chris informed me that my turbos were hybrids, the facts speak for themselves, months of 1.4 and over, no problems, 1.5, 1.6 even when my engine blew, turbos were fine. first time my car sees over 1.1 bar of boost after i get her back bang. think my first posts adds a bit more too

Matt, CW said in a post the other that it *may* have hybrids, has he confirmed they had steel internals?

http://mkivsupra.net/vbb/showpost.php?p=1589285&postcount=57

If you want to run 1.4 even the odd time then it needs mapped for 1.4. It's either safe or it's not.

I think you're mad to go for another set of hybrids given you have larger injectors and an emanage already, and will be paying for mapping.

was thinking that myself:rolleyes: been there seen it and then went single, nothing but trouble with the hybrids:( although that was probably down to who fit them