My Supra's Pulling POWER!!!

Guest Geneb

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Could you have a quiet word with that ScotttHKS fella as well please John? Trying to understand his posts is giving me a headache.

Oh please JB. :)

if you can point me at his threads as thats one that slipped under my grrrradar.

JB

It's the "Any NA's over 300bhp" one.

If it means I dont have to try to decipher their posts all because they cant be arsed to type properly then I wont be too sad to see them go.

99% of the people on the forum make the effort, newbies are asked nicely to type properly, and then not so nicely and then I get bored playing games.

JB

Thats a pathetic response and you damn well know it, foreign person comes on forum with bad english skills and gets a response from the forum owner like that.

Your pub mate but didn't realise it was english speaking only.

well keep you racist pub your welcome to it:(

Thats a pathetic response and you damn well know it, foreign person comes on forum with bad english skills and gets a response from the forum owner like that.

Your pub mate but didn't realise it was english speaking only.

well keep you racist pub your welcome to it:(

so foreign people cant use a keyboard like English people then? They cant find the full stops, or the commas or the capital letters and put it in to readable paragraphs. The guy will get an easier ride for being foreign, but not for being ignorant and illiterate.

You know yours is a damn stupid response when its already been stated that we dont like txt spk and expect people to make an effort when posting on the forum.

If he applied to work in your company with that level of written skills would you consider it or would you laugh him out the door?

He's had his friendly warning, Im sure he doesnt want to see the unfriendly warnings.

JB

so foreign people cant use a keyboard like English people then? They cant find the full stops, or the commas or the capital letters and put it in to readable paragraphs. The guy will get an easier ride for being foreign, but not for being ignorant and illiterate.

You know yours is a damn stupid response when its already been stated that we dont like txt spk and expect people to make an effort when posting on the forum.

If he applied to work in your company with that level of written skills would you consider it or would you laugh him out the door?

He's had his friendly warning, Im sure he doesnt want to see the unfriendly warnings.

JB

thats not text speak it looks like its a person with limited english and if thats the case how does one type correctly in english?

all i'm saying is if people are not english which i don't think rosh is you can see why his messages are as they are, i have seen this guy around witney and i hope he doesn't take yours and your forum groupies opinions on bad grammar as my opinion.

thats not text speak it looks like its a person with limited english and if thats the case how does one type correctly in english?

all i'm saying is if people are not english which i don't think rosh is you can see why his messages are as they are, i have seen this guy around witney and i hope he doesn't take yours and your forum groupies opinions on bad grammar as my opinion.

FFS, how many times do I have to say this....he needs to use full stops, commas and capital letters and try to form a paragraph or two. All Im saying is that foreign people know how to write a sentence as well as you or I do and thats what he needs to do.

Bored arguing this point now, he follows the rules or its game over.

JB

woah woah woah woah, take it easy geezer ;)

bit off topic now aren't we...

thought this was meant to be discussing your pulling powers (or normally lack of).

Poor girl, if only I'd have been there, I'd have shown her the light ;)

hi ben

sorry mate i aint gonna back down on this, just like me posting on an italian forum and expecting my message to be perfect, bloody stupid at the end of the day the guy has a nice supra and wanted to join a club not get fookin abused because of his lackof english.. i'm embarrassed of this club:( and i aint the only one that think pickin on roch's english is a bit out of order

okay mate, fair play, I've just gone back through and read it (I know most of you dont know me, I met a bunch of you at the Brighton meet though and work with Geneb).

I'd say take it easy on him, I'm a regular forum user, call me a noob or not, I dont care, I know what I'm doing. But yeah, if you give someone a warning, you have to give themselves a chance to rectify things. maybe send the bloke a pm, rather than doing it openly.

Agreed, some comma's would be nice, but I could read what he said...

Evening geezer, not had any more birds asking you questions have you ;)

coo' mate, fair play, I've plum gone back drough and eyeball it (I know most uh ya' dont know me, ah' met some bunch uh ya' at da damn Brighton meet dough and wo'k wid Geneb). I'd say keep i' cool on him, I'm some regular fo'um user, call me some noob o' not, ah' dont care, ah' know whut I'm hangin'. But yeah, if ya' cut some sucka some warnin', ya' gots'ta cut demselves some chance t'rectify doodads. maybe drow de bloke some pm, rada' dan hangin' it openly. Slap mah fro! Agreed, some comma's would be supa fine, but ah' could eyeball whut he said... Evenin' geezer, not had any mo'e birds ax'in' ya' quesshuns gots ya'

;)

what?

Im also a little embarassed by JB's response on this.........your not singling him out for txt or chav speak or even becasue he aint making an effort, but mearely because he isnt English, seems a little discriminative to me.......I dont know where he is from, or how well educated he has been, maybe he hasnt been taught writing skills to our expected levels, so on that basis I wont judge him.....

I can understand him, ok so I have to sit there and actually put a bit more effort into my reading but I can cut him that slack if he's not English.......

Just hope he doesnt leave because of this and can rise above this critiscism.......:cool:

:innocent::innocent::innocent:

Whoosh as the point flies over the heads of the defenders...

Say I joined a Latin forum where they all wrote in Latin and wanted to put:

Cuiusvis hominis est errare, nullius nisi insipientis in errore perseverare.

but instead wrote:

cvs hms es ee nus nsi instis ero persev

Would people whinge?

My language skills are very limited but surely it's harder to learn the right word and then the txt variant of it? Or do they just teach imports the txt version out of the box because you don't need to use as much chalk in the classroom?

michael i had a pm from rosh and it is not just text type spelling, he has bad grammar skills, please remember people some people cant write in some countries.

this comment isn't direct just at you michael, he's here to try and chat about supra's if you dont like his post's add him to your ignore list.

Whoosh as the point flies over the heads of the defenders...

Say I joined a Latin forum where they all wrote in Latin and wanted to put:

but instead wrote:

Would people whinge?

My language skills are very limited but surely it's harder to learn the right word and then the txt variant of it? Or do they just teach imports the txt version out of the box because you don't need to use as much chalk in the classroom?

Which is exactly why I said "he is foreign, from another country, it could be Ethiopia before all I know, where maybe they dont get taught proper writing skills", therefore his grammer would be a lot poorer then ours, something I think someone should not be singled out for. So my point about him being foreign was'nt that grammer is'nt a world over thing, more that the level of education from his country of origin but not be to what we expect ;)

If he was delibaretly talking in txt speak all the time then I feel maybe the comments were fair.......but not on this instance......

Mark, come do a 12 hour shift with me, then you might see why people like to get drawn in and go over the top a bit, boredom can do funny things to a person ;) :D :cool:

Don't start targeting me, I'm just trying to enlighten you as to why some people might not tolerate txt spk as much as others.

At the end of the day if the landlord says you need to do something his way you either do it or drink up and go elsewhere for another pint. I'm not defending this approach but that's how it is.

Don't start targeting me, I'm just trying to enlighten you as to why some people might not tolerate txt spk as much as others.

At the end of the day if the landlord says you need to do something his way you either do it or drink up and go elsewhere for another pint. I'm not defending this approach but that's how it is.

Im not even targeting you.......I mearly quoted something you said and was responding to it as you didnt seem to properly take on board what I said in the first place about education outside of our country, if you feel thats targeting then your obviously as hostile as you quite often make out.......

Im not about to be drawn into some argument with you over this, so Im ending it here now, what ever your response.....;) Thats my last word on it :cool::cool::cool:

I believe rocha is from portugal.He works in a local take away.

I may be wrong here but may be the fact he is not from this country and working in that type of employment he is of limited english-education.As said before the guy has the same interest as all of us on here the supra.

When i came on the forum i was slated for my spelling and grammer,i suffer with dyxlexia i have tried hard and am still here.

just give the guy a chance.

I have had help from my wife in writing this,may be rocha is not so lucky.

I believe rocha is from portugal.He works in a local take away.

I may be wrong here but may be the fact he is not from this country and working in that type of employment he is of limited english-education.As said before the guy has the same interest as all of us on here the supra.

When i came on the forum i was slated for my spelling and grammer,i suffer with dyxlexia i have tried hard and am still here.

just give the guy a chance.

I have had help from my wife in writing this,may be rocha is not so lucky.

Exactly, so if JB was to say my way or the high way, shape up or ship out, would you think that was fair.......of course not ;)

:D :D :D :D

:eyebrows: