The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The environment?

Millsy

What are your views on the environment and Supra ownership?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. What are your views on the environment and Supra ownership?

• I'm a closet hippie and I'd sell my Supra on green grounds
    • I feel guilty, and try to do my bit, but love Supras too much
    • I'm not really bothered about the environment
    • Screw the hippies, I'm burning petrol till I can't no longer!

I'd love you to be proven right on this, and it all to turn out to be natural. It would solve so many immense problems at a stroke. But I'm betting that you're dead wrong.

I'm really only saying that I'm pi$$ed off with the whole GW thing being rammed down my throat every time a commercial break comes on the TV or every time I listen to the news, and that I think there is sufficient evidence around to raise the question, "shouldn't we take a closer look at all of this?" Balanced honest debate is what I'd like to see. It just seems to me that politicians are accepting as gospel the GW argument without the other side being particularly well represented.

A lot of the evidence supporting the man-made global warming argument is approaching 10 years out of date. Even people like David Bellamy are becoming sceptical in the light of new evidence that some of the conclusions drawn from ice-core studies in the 1990's was flawed.

And, yes - the energy companies have bankrolled Bush, but as they are now also responsible for at least a fair percentage of cash going into finding alternative energy sources, it might yet be in their interests to limit consumption. If alternative energy sources turn out NOT to be viable in the near future, then it will definitely be in their interests - not to just limit consumtion but to control it.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What a great thread!

It is about time we started taking this seriously, i mean the govt. What a bunch of to$$ers. If the green issues are true then surely the govt should be giving people REAL incentives to go green instead of sucking them dry through taxes.

It makes my blood boil when i see govt wasting money on things which are not important.

I mean surely if it was such a big deal then there should be more than 3% taxes being spent.

I don't believe anything the govt says, there are alot of other issues causing pollution than only cars. We are an easy target, fines, cameras, ins, taxes etc.

The govt also know's we need our cars and we will keep paying. We are not STRONG as a nation like the french to stand up.

What do u think would happen if we all stopped driving fullstop?

The govt would be screwing not happy. They would be worried more about the money than the climate and would probably tax u for farting and start measuring the potency and put that into tax bands.