The mkiv Supra Owners Club

painted my calipres and added decals (pics)

rovervi

sorry to hijack the tread here..

are axis wheels any good i have a set of 19s on mine which came with the car, what tyers do you recomend for them, the chrome has corroded on them is that easy to get restored?

Well my wheels are alright :) not had them too long but they seem fine to me. Which wheel are they? A lot of people on here reccomend the Bridgestone Potenza or eagle F1 tyres but it all depends how much you want to spend.

It's harder to find someone to refurb your wheels if they are polished, but THIScompany looks like they do them, but i dont know if they are any good. I think Envy used to do them too, but not sure if they still are :think:

Out of interest, how long did you guys leave before driving your car again?

I think Hammerite is supposed to dry in around 2hrs? (could be wrong) but I wouldn't want to splatter paint around the arch. Sounds strange, but I did my calipers on my current car, left them for 2 days to be safe. But then it was very cold weather at the time.

Out of interest, how long did you guys leave before driving your car again?

I think Hammerite is supposed to dry in around 2hrs? (could be wrong) but I wouldn't want to splatter paint around the arch. Sounds strange, but I did my calipers on my current car, left them for 2 days to be safe. But then it was very cold weather at the time.

Not too long, the capliper doesn't move anyway so it's more likely to drip on the inside of your wheel than splatter the arch :p

They look cool....:cool:

I wanted to know where you got the decals but my calipers are white so it doesn't seem worth the hassle....:D

H.

SP will do coloured decals for you

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=452291

I'm sure Gaz at Envy could get them for you (I think Envy work with/deal in SP kit)

http://www.spracingonline.com/SP%20Images/caliperdecals.jpg