The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Are Supras Slow.. My local Jap car club think so! Discuss.

Sparky

I've been in a couple of NOVAs that might beat a stock or BPU supra at the traffic lights grand-prix.

So what does that mean? That a 800kg fragile old tinbox is better than a relaxed, 3litre GT?

Even if you have the guts to attempt 150 on such a nova, wouldn't it be better to do it in a supra, with the aircon blasting, the leather feel, the soundproofing and the extra power headroom?

If they want fancy 0-60 on any road conditions then tell them to get an EVO.

Supras are no good.:D

...seeing my best mates video of him destroying a TT supra at Santapod last week...

- how do you know it was a TT ? also could it be possible the driver messed up and didn't bother and just coasted to the finish line ?

I know the whole power to weight ratio thing applies but seriously... why are they saying TT supra's are slow accellerating when TT's have a 0-60 time iof under 5 secs and crx's (Which are rubbish toy cars btw) have a 9 sec 0-60 time. Im confused!

this is completely insane and just plan ridiculous ! there is absolutely zero chance a stock crx could beat a stock supra TT in a 1/4 mile drag race, it wouldn't even be within 5 car lengths at the finish line.

The crx would be hard pushed to reach 85 mph within 1/4 mile where as the supra would pass 100mph EVERYTIME without fail.

as others have said the crx would have even less than f*ck all chance against a rolling supra whether it be a N/A or TT. Top end is just pointless :rolleyes:

i can't believe this is even being debated its hilarious :rlol:

i personally think a CRX would struggle against a Ford Puma ;)

I'd love a wedge shapped CRX, 160bhp in 1000kg...

His is a 16v non vtec so only about 130bhp. Still ive seen it with my own eyes beat an N/a and get the same results as a TT.

If anyone has a copy of the full times for Santapod (Rotastock) can they post it so i can show you non believers.

Anyways Supra's rule and the only thing a crx is good for is to wedge a door open!

His is a 16v non vtec so only about 130bhp. Still ive seen it with my own eyes beat an N/a and get the same results as a TT.

It isn't standard if he's geting a 130bhp/ton car to pull the same times as a 210bhp/ton car.

TT's get low 13s as stock, a stock CRX 1.6 wouldn't have a hope.

I once saw a dog run faster than a Ferrari, I didn't see it go on to be the F1 world champion though...

A lot of Supra drivers have wallets and a love of their cars but no driving skill, your Honda friend met up with such a person one day, as for the NA thing, yeah they suck.

My mate has a Celica GT4 and drives like a complete p3n15. He is always banging on about how fast he can go 0-60 blah blah blah so I just tell him its not how fast you get there its how good you look getting there! Then I just leave him huffing and puffing trying to come up with a come back. I doubt he will have his license much longer anyway. I won't even get in his car because I know exactly what he will do. He will be going look how much faster this 300BHP Celica is compared to your Na and then we will crash and die!

A guy who recently left my work used to claim that his 2.0 FTO was quicker than my stock TT over a quarter mile. He also claimed it would destroy the Supra round a track if you gave both cars to the same driver.

I have no idea about how they would compare round a track, but I've seen him understeer massively on corners that the Supra simply glides round at the same speed :D

Just cos you can put a Calibra turbo engine into a Corsa and beat a stock TT over 1/4 mile, doesn't make it a better car. I agree with John, I'd far sooner be in the relaxed atmosphere of the Supra, just watching the miles slip away.

, as for the NA thing, yeah they suck.

Let them think what they want, just enjoy your car and keep cursing NAs for getting us a bad reputation.

Whoa!! Whats with all NA bashing?? I would be amazed if a 130bhp CRX had enough to beat my NA.......:blink:

I would defo sell after that and get an M3.....:sly:

H.

sorry fella but that is complete and utter bollocks.

It isn't standard if he's geting a 130bhp/ton car to pull the same times as a 210bhp/ton car.

TT's get low 13s as stock, a stock CRX 1.6 wouldn't have a hope.

agreed, theoretically its completely impossible. the 130 bhp car would need to weigh nearly 600kgs !?!

the stats on a 130bhp crx are...

0-60 = 8.1 secs

1/4 mile 16.5 @ 84 mph

if your mates crx can do 1/4 miles in under 14 seconds then he's had some serious work done to it....nuff said