The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Dammit... The turbo dosent fit my manifold! What to do?

Reesen

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hope mine will hold a litel bit longer then 2000 miles:rolleyes:

But what do you thin about the fitment of the turbo? is it to close to the manifold, or is it okay??:search:

Mines been on for 7k miles and is okay so far.. fingers crossed! The one Gaz had I think was not too well put together (in relative terms!)

Did you try rotating the compressor housing already?

Mines been on for 7k miles and is okay so far.. fingers crossed! The one Gaz had I think was not too well put together (in relative terms!)

Did you try rotating the compressor housing already?

Nice... I hope mine will hold at least that long! But who know´s.. It feel a bit like russian roulet.. Haha

Yes.. have turned the compressor housing, and that was all I could get! Aprox 2 mm.. Not mutch, but atleast theres air in between ;)

Ryan has just lost a turbo due to bits of weld falling off and going through the exhaust blades... Have you budgetted for that? :)

Compare to the BoostLogic manifold, piccy attached. Not a closeup but I think you get the idea when you see the weld quality.

-Ian

manifold.jpg

manifold2.jpg

Ian C Ryan has just lost a turbo due to bits of weld falling off and going through the exhaust blades... Have you budgetted for that?

Compare to the BoostLogic manifold, piccy attached. Not a closeup but I think you get the idea when you see the weld quality.

-Ian

uh that´s not good... But should be abel to find the money for at new turbo! A GT 4067 junal isent that expensive in the states, and if you get them to wright that it is replecemnt parts you don´t have to pay tax her in sweden ;-)

I have a friend who is checking the manifold welds right as i wright (while hes adding a bolt so I can fit my defi Exhaust temp sensor)! But I know thats not a garentie!

But Back to my question...

Is the space between the turbo and manifold good enough, or do I have to get something to get more clearence?

Maybe it will get better when I put in the gasket, that should give me a couple om mm:rolleyes:

Think it´s a shame if I have to put some powerwrap on the manifold, or have to make a heatshield, look´s good as it is :D All show, no go... Muhahaha

Would bee nice! What metal is it? Couse I would weld it on the manifold!

But won´t i get dengours bloose to the hood?

I asked for it to be made from stainless steel (not sure of the exact type). From the measurements I made it should be fine with a stock hood and a BL T67 turbo.

Rich quote-"the turbo doesnt fit the manifold!what do I do?"

answer -keep the turbo and throw the manifold in the bin.

Your funny aii ;) If you read the hole tread you´ll see I made it fit! But only just ;)

Homer Quote:

Originally Posted by Reesen

Would bee nice! What metal is it? Couse I would weld it on the manifold!

But won´t i get dengours bloose to the hood?

I asked for it to be made from stainless steel (not sure of the exact type). From the measurements I made it should be fine with a stock hood and a BL T67 turbo.

Today 19:33

PM me your price, and we figure somthing out thoug! :)

Rich Quote:

Your funny aii If you read the hole tread you´ll see I made it fit! But only just

PM me your price, and we figure somthing out thoug!

ha ha,just kidding mate.Whats the spec of the Gt 4067. A/r etc.?

A/R 81 And A/R 70 :)

Hope it´s good enough! Couse want more the a T61, and lees turbolag then a 4088!

I aint no expert is this field by any means, but no fricking way would I bolt that on my car, budget or not........how much does the BL manifold cost compared to the XS one ?

I wouldnt want to fart through that, let alone use it for anything else.....hope it holds out for you, otherwise your budget single might start leaving budget terority if you have to buy a new manifold and turbo later because this manifold let you down in a big way........food for thought......

Suprash Quote:

http://images.bilgalleri.dk/uploads_...m/218756_l.jpg

http://images.bilgalleri.dk/uploads_...m/218819_l.jpg

http://images.bilgalleri.dk/uploads_...m/218821_l.jpg

http://images.bilgalleri.dk/uploads_...m/218823_l.jpg

I aint no expert is this field by any means, but no fricking way would I bolt that on my car, budget or not........how much does the BL manifold cost compared to the XS one ?

I wouldnt want to fart through that, let alone use it for anything else.....hope it holds out for you, otherwise your budget single might start leaving budget terority if you have to buy a new manifold and turbo later because this manifold let you down in a big way........food for thought......

These are the old pic´s. It have been fixet (alle the weldings have been removed from the inside), and right now all the weld´s on it is beeing checked!

The problem with the xs manifold is that they don´t use back boost (don´t know what it´s called in english) when they weld the tube´s!

A bl manifold is 1500$ compered to the 150$ tha xs cost! and only paid 800 $ for my brand new GT4067 junal bearring A/R 81 A/R 70 turbo, så if the manifold hold´s up, this is pretty cheap!

A bl manifold is 1500$ compered to the 150$ tha xs cost!

That says it all though doesnt it........why you would want to risk your car though for a grand is worrying. I know when your trying to do things on a budget, but paying cheaply usually means you end up paying double.......;)

Suprash Quote:

A bl manifold is 1500$ compered to the 150$ tha xs cost!

That says it all though doesnt it........why you would want to risk your car though for a grand is worrying. I know when your trying to do things on a budget, but paying cheaply usually means you end up paying double.......

Your abselutlye right! But a budget singel conversion mens you have to cut some corner´s. And im doing anything I can to make sure that the manifold is in the best condition as possible!

Mate thats not all it could cost. If it blows the engine like its suspected at least one XS manifold has done then you are into uber expensive territory. Some peeps just won't listen when being told that something is too cheap and too shoddy. By all means use that XS manifold but don't be surprised at the "told you so" comments you'll get to add to your heartache if it causes major critical failure.

Your abselutlye right! But a budget singel conversion mens you have to cut some corner´s. And im doing anything I can to make sure that the manifold is in the best condition as possible!

But dont you think some corners just arent worth cutting.......I means its a percentage game, reliability Vs cost.......you have to find a happy balance otherwise the odd's tend to win ;)

Anway I really shouldnt be getting involved, I dont know enough in this area lol...........:taped::D