The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Skyline Stolen

Paul Whiffin

Originally posted by Paul Whiffin

Still cant quite believe they got it back, going to pick it up in the morning, I've got to pay £150 for recovery and storage charges, bloody rip off!

Or £**** if the car was lost,I know the justice system sucks as ive been on the end more times than you would believe and it never seems to go in my favour but well atleast the car is ok and no major harm has come to it

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brilliant news Paul, well chuffed for you buddy.

I was told that I had to pay the charges and then when it came to it and I arrived at the pound they didn't charge me anything.

If they don't mention it again, don't mention it!!!

DO NOT USE ANY FORM OF CAR CLEARNER TO GET RID OF THE FORENSIC DUST. products have wax in them which will only seal it in.

Use washing up liquid on any affected areas and then when you are sure it has all gone then use the normal car products.

Worth checking with the police whether the car will be registered Stolen recovered or not.

Good luck and great news.

Originally posted by Snowman

Worth checking with the police whether the car will be registered Stolen recovered or not.

I thought they only got recorded stolen/recovered if the insurance companies have paid out for it and the police find it in a useable condition. Therefore allowing the insurance company to sell it on as stolen recovered.

Ben..

That might be the case.

I was told my car would be registered as stolen recovered. when we had our house burgled the police knew my car sat in the drive way had been stolen before but the HPI check that the chap who bout my car came up clean!!!

Just a thought.

when I sold mine I was completely honest about its history from the start, so probably could have got more for it if I hadn't mentioned it! who knows!

Just been to see the car, needs new door trims where they ripped the shitty speakers out of it, new stereo where they ripped the fronts off the shitty units that were in there, new steering lock/column stalks/column surround, stereo dashboard surround, and they nicked the bloody air flow meter! Why did they nick the air flow meter? Strange. Gotta go on a parts finding mission now!

A result at last. Pleased for you Paul.

Sounds like a bunch of lowlifes trying to step up, by nick car to nick bit in the privacy of a lock up, but still flogging crap parts at meets and pubs. Any real car thieves would have shift the car days ago.

My guess the air flow meter was nicked for a 200SX, an essential mod when you plug in bigger injectors, turbo and remapping. My son has one for his car, but before you ask, put on recently, but before yours was nicked.

£150 stinks, it is your car. If the legal system can’t get that back off the scum bag for you, I am sure your business partner can find a use for his tools. A tenner a tooth should do it, that would leave him speech less.