The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Veilside Overfenders?

Elliot

Originally posted by Paul E

Ah - you've got Darrells old one!

The overfenders appear much deeper than the veilsides -

We are doing the front too! better without the numberplate though?

:thumbs:

Yeah Dazz did say he'd made them deeper coz he wanted really phat wheels n tyres.

I was considering ditching the front plate, but the stick on ones look shite too :p

Originally posted by Elliot

Very nice. I seriously want those now!

They'd have to be blended in if possible though/

That's one nice Supra, except for the front isn't really my cup of tea.

I'm thinking about a paint job next year and was concidering blending them in, cant make my mind up I do quite like the "industrial look"

I'm (hopefully) going for veilside spats, sideskirts, overfenders and probably Bomex nose - think that'll look OK? Then going for the Gold respray!

The only thing I'm worried about is being called a Paperweight wannabee!

Oh yeah - any traders / bodyshops / sprayers reading this, I'm going to be conpiling a list & photos of the niggly little bits that need doing, then e-mailing you in the future to get the ball rolling! :)

Industrial look is good with these m8! CJ's really works like that and I know he was in two minds

Elliot what about the 'Gold bookend'? LOL!

Nah m8 - I would go for it -but let me bung you the link to the lambo colours thread - which will really give you some serious thoughts about colours!

Email me direct and I'll send it over!

However that's me buggered as i was thinking about my initial kit being the same veilside / dazzspeed overfenders and the Samurai Front

Then realised I would look like the Tango mkII

So back to the drawing board!

:thumbs:

'The Golden Bookend' sounds good to me!

If you're going for the same kit then maybe you should get a gold spray too & be the other bookend! I like the Samurai front, but CJ has got that combination.

I'll e-mail you for the Lambo colours in a minute, but am pretty set on gold.

These over fenders have to go with the veilside skirts as they are shaped to go over them , they use the normal veilside skirt , you could blend them on to the car BUT not only would it be a lot of work but if ever you needed to remove the skirts or if you put weight on the skirts ie a ramp etc the whole lot is gonna crack and IMO they look better with the screws , its a kinda feature , we debated this a long time when fitting CJ's kit and i think they would look wrong with no screw holes , the front arches do not increase wing size at all they are purely cosmetic but the rears do by around an inch , you cannot just roll the arch it needs cutting right out as in the photo , so make sure you want them cause theres no going back

Looking at the pics of the bronze car IMO they look even more 'stuck' on because they are blended !! Personally i HATE blended kits and the problems that go with them , but its personal taste .

Dude:flame Dev

wheelarch cut.jpg

Hmm, tough one...

I love the look of the blended in kits, but can appreciate how hard it is to do & then keep it in good condition (ie not running into a kerb & destroying it!)

The 'industrial' look is nice too, but not as IMHO.

Back to the drawing board I think :(

dude also made a good point re. the problems should you need to remove the kit. I recently went to a mapping house to get the car tuned and they had problems fitting the hub dyno to the car.

Eventually, they had to remove the fenders and replace them afterwards. Obviously, this would not have been possible if they have been blended in.

There is a tool to widen arches.

Tim Porter used it on his yellow car a year ago.

Its more subtle, allows for bigger wheels more easily and it doesnt affect your bolt on body kits.

This picture doesnt show it too well, but look carefully at the rear arch. Subtle as I said.

http://www.wlnet.co.uk/images/Cars/VP/VP_rhs2.jpg