The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Center Gravity chassis tuning experience

AshBhp

Silly question, but to do this, do you need fully adjustable suspension or not?

Ideally, yes, you CAN shim the springs on normal dampers, but it's incredibly long winded and costly. You can do all the other adjustments, of course, and you will find that none knackered stock suspension will corner weight up pretty well, as Toyota will have set this quite accurately in manufacture. For easy corner weighting and ride height adjustment you need adjustable spring seats though.

Ideally, yes, you CAN shim the springs on normal dampers, but it's incredibly long winded and costly. You can do all the other adjustments, of course, and you will find that none knackered stock suspension will corner weight up pretty well, as Toyota will have set this quite accurately in manufacture. For easy corner weighting and ride height adjustment you need adjustable spring seats though.

Chris Wilson Did Mine, and it did make the world of difference on traction. the way it never went sideways when acclerating and the way the car handled.. I'd Reccomend getting this done.

Once the final things on my car are sorted and I am out of the red for the last lot of work, I will be contacting you Chris.

Guest Nicholas
Same price. I can do full corner weight checking and adjusting, weight jacking for drag racing, anything at all, suspension wise.

If you give me a ring i can go through the suspension stuff, and give you the price for the wideband option. I may have something in build, suspension wise, that would interest you.

Chris, have you got the same equipment as the place ash went to? if so I may well be paying you a visit :)

Nick.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Good write up Ash, pity this guy is so far away from me. :(

Does anyone know of anywhere in the SE that does this kind of work ?.

Why are all the good places so damn far away!! I guess its only a two hour drive for me, but if someone knows of somewhere closer that does the same thing, I'd be interested?

Why are all the good places so damn far away!! I guess its only a two hour drive for me, but if someone knows of somewhere closer that does the same thing, I'd be interested?

The satisfaction of knowing the job done properly would be the big factor.

2hrs drive would be worth it. :)

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Chris, It's a shame you can't pack your kit up and come down to NW Germany. I'd buy the beer and do the cooking plus pay the 300 and give you a place to stay.

Does this other guy travel outside England? I'd no $h!t pay him to come to me.

I think he would if you paid him enough; he travels to events in the UK. But to Germany?! That wouldn't be a bill I'd like to pay! Why can't you just drive over here mate??

Um... to where? Where is this dude located? I'm looking at 300 just in fuel I'd bet, and that's if I'm lucky.

map You'd be welcome to stay at ours, he's about an hour up the road from us.

The alternative is paying HIM the fuel (towing that rig and all his tools...), and his time, which I'm guessing would be what he can earn at at least £450/day.... :eek:

Edited by SteveR (see edit history)

That looks fantastic Ash, always wanted to see how good a job they do :)

The alternative is paying HIM the fuel (towing that rig and all his tools...), and his time, which I'm guessing would be what he can earn at at least £450/day.... :eek:

Yeah and then some, the trip in the tunnel or Ferry will be £500 for a Jeep + long trailer.

Gaz.