The mkiv Supra Owners Club

LED Rear Lights - A sneek preview...

heckler

I don't think Si's quite going to go through the trouble of e-marking a set of lights ;)

Gaz.

Well that's why I was asking, I don't know much about it except that EVERYTHING on a car on UK roads must be e-marked, and these lights are significantly changed from OEM, so there's at least potential that if more than a few get sold it could mean hassle from the law in some way.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

all 5mm led's around 5000mcd (i think) - not sure on viewing angle, i'd have to check the packaging.

FYI - theres 440 Leds per set and around 30 resistors (I think)

Nice work :) Did you have to make bespoke drilled PCBs for the backs, then?

I have 160 5mm LEDs lighting my lounge. That was bad enough!

Well that's why I was asking, I don't know much about it except that EVERYTHING on a car on UK roads must be e-marked, and these lights are significantly changed from OEM, so there's at least potential that if more than a few get sold it could mean hassle from the law in some way.

they dont have to know where we got it,and thed only know if they checked it and just tell ya to change em

would love to give something like this a try myself. have you got any write ups on simple stuff that needs to be connected together, etc etc...

I'm not going to do a write up, as you need to by lots of materials, you'll need PCB production equipment, bath, computer, etching fluids etc...

they do look very good and very even, well done... ;)

But just one thing, whats happening about the reflective part for the lights, as you have to have them dont you? Unless people put some reflective stripes on the bumper or something?

Yeah, i know, i thought about putting some reflective parts in, but would upset the look, so for now I havent bothered. Still somthing I'll have to take a look at

Yeah, i know, i thought about putting some reflective parts in, but would upset the look, so for now I havent bothered. Still somthing I'll have to take a look at

Would it be possible for you to produce the PCB's required then sell them on?

:)

Will there not be any issues with e-marking these? Or has that been dealth with?

I noticed the other day that a lot of vehicles dont have E markings on the clear glass lenses, hyundi and the like.

Maybe it's a new trend in the motor industry with all the imports.

That said these are a class effort, bit of an apprentice's job though soldering 440 LED's

Dave

they do look very good and very even, well done... ;)

But just one thing, whats happening about the reflective part for the lights, as you have to have them dont you? Unless people put some reflective stripes on the bumper or something?

Was just going to say this lol. When Emin made these a couple of years ago we went through all the MOT stuff and TBH it was a PITA lol

If you make them road legal then you would probably have your hands bitten off!!

Isn't there something about 1 light needing to be bulb as well (reverse?!?)