The mkiv Supra Owners Club

dyno readings

gaz1

Glad to see it's holding boost well now :) That's the most important thing.

For a 6-speed your powertrain losses are high.

I know it's costly but getting a dyno run on a few different dyno's should give you a good feel for where the car is at.

maybe something to do with the whining i get from the gearbox since the conversion was done:search: will look at getting it off rebuilding it and getting it back in;)

• 5 months later...

hmmm just come across this post and I've had a much worse figure. Due to a boost problem is MASSIVLY over boosted to 1.7bar (only wanted to run at 1.2). Because of this we only ran at 5500rpm but made a pretty poor 380bhp at the wheels.

CLEARLY I need the boost issue sorted but anyone got any ideas as to why to reading was so low? Cos I'm using a piggy back perhaps?

Is the MAP II software available for anyone to use and can it control ignition as well as fueling?

If I recall correctly the MAP units are a bit of an unknown over here, might be an idea to swap it for an AEM, LINK or EMU.

EDIT: might be an idea to start another thread so the two motors dont get mixed up ;)

The car was mapped to 0.8bar as we had a problem with the boost controller. The boost controller is now turned on and set to 1.2bar but it's boosting way beyond it. Maybe a problem with the boost hose to the wastegate

That reads like you got it mapped to 0.8bar and are now running it with 50% more boost than it was mapped for?

Your power is probably low due to far too much fuel, far too little, bog all ignition timing, or timing being pulled due to detonation. All told you probably need someone with experience to look at it.

-Ian

I saw Private Piles car all be it with a built engine and greddy intake make well over 600 with the same turbo and pump fuel, did Dan explain why the numbers seem a little on the ' low ' side, perhaps he was being cautious ;)

Perhaps D doesnt know what he's talking about :p

Lx

Can you advise anyone? I know you do a lot of mapping but what about MapII?

Well initially really just someone to check the AFRs and listen with det cans to make sure it's not eating itself a bit every time you boot it.

Brian (TDR) knows a bit about that ECU though. I don't :)

-Ian

hmmmm I just realised... when I first got the car back I put my boot down, over boosted and lost quite a bit of power (dyno'd at 210bhp!). It was put down to loose boost hoses which were tightened up and re-dyno'd. I've just realised that since then I've had no wastegate chatter when lifting off. Could this have something to do with the overboost?

hmmmm I just realised... when I first got the car back I put my boot down, over boosted and lost quite a bit of power (dyno'd at 210bhp!). It was put down to loose boost hoses which were tightened up and re-dyno'd. I've just realised that since then I've had no wastegate chatter when lifting off. Could this have something to do with the overboost?

what manifold are yyou using

I'm using http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TOYOTA-SUPRA-2JZGE-INTAKE-MANIFOLD-2JZ-2J-GE-PLENUM-NA_W0QQitemZ230200158502QQihZ013QQcategoryZ36474QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem and a 90mm TB. We've had this problem once before with the top hose melting... may be something to check again I think... thanks for that!

If I uploaded my map would anyone be able to have a quick lookthrough it? More out of interest to see how Dan mapped it more than anything else... I think the top hose may well be the answer

I'm using http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TOYOTA-SUPRA-2JZGE-INTAKE-MANIFOLD-2JZ-2J-GE-PLENUM-NA_W0QQitemZ230200158502QQihZ013QQcategoryZ36474QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem and a 90mm TB. We've had this problem once before with the top hose melting... may be something to check again I think... thanks for that!

If I uploaded my map would anyone be able to have a quick lookthrough it? More out of interest to see how Dan mapped it more than anything else... I think the top hose may well be the answer

I think you will find he means exhaust manifold mate ;)