The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Is it worth it.......

Suprash

Should you know how to handle your car.  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Should you know how to handle your car.

• Yes...
    • No...
    • Dont know how to, but would like to learn.

Guest slow dog

ok we can race for the respect of a street racer

or the track driver who ever wins takes the respect..... lol

and when we race we are taken round the streets and will

be on a ring road usually in what ever town your in

when every one is happy with the track you return to the meeting place at the arranged time with your cars and race

always at night early hours it will range from 2 cars to as many as 10 i have 8 in one race and can gat a bit crazy

some times people play for money other times its just to learn or

make a point

rules:

red lights jump at your own risk

no contact

no break testing

no blocking

stop for big brother at your own risk

no short cuts

you crash your on your own

every thing else goes

do you have a link or a number so i can find out about a racing lisence :flame Dev

and i have only lost twice both through mechanical failure

so i am pretty high out here so you see why i need to see if i can make it against you nut cases on the track :twak:

Originally posted by Jake

because it seemed like a daft question.

Where's this leading anyway?

It was tricky Jake, we pondered over it for ages. If my pole voting capabilities fall short then I apologies in advance.......... ;)

It wasnt supposed to be leading anywhere, we just wanted to know everyones opinions, "everyones", as others who are in agreement have posted but the 2 who voted against havent said anything.........

:cool:

Originally posted by Ashley Willis

The only reason option 3 is there in the voting is because we wanted to be able to split the "No" replies into those that genuinally think that this sort of knowledge should not be held by gneral public road users, to those that dont know but would like to.......So far then there is 2 people that genuinally dont think this knowledge should be known by people like us......Wonder if they would care to step forward and explain their reasoning to this conclusion........

I'd have thought option 3 was a variation on option 1, so you have split the YES's, not the NO's if you see what I mean :D

As I said, the answer is yes we should, but that doesn't mean we do, hence going for option three as a compromise on option 1. uh huh?

Originally posted by Clarkey_Sparkey

£245 Inclusive ? That's pretty good. So, you just went around the track at your own pace. How many other cars were on the track at the same time ?

there were a maximum of 9 other cars on track, the majority of the time there were only about 5 cars on track :)

Originally posted by carl0s

I'd have thought option 3 was a variation on option 1, so you have split the YES's, not the NO's if you see what I mean :D

As I said, the answer is yes we should, but that doesn't mean we do, hence going for option three as a compromise on option 1. uh huh?

Dont go there Carlos, your head will end up in a knot.........option 3 was meant to split up the no's, but then we had been drinking when we posted that, so who knows what was going through our heads...... :D ;)

Told them about the car, location of the track & the value of the car. I said £12K

Perhaps I misheard the actual insurance price, though don't think so - but it was def £1.4K for the excess.

That's tooo rich for my blood.

~Edit~

Sorry for hijacking yer thread Ash. Back to topic.

I'm up for a track day, never done one before. What's the best one near London anybody?

Learning how to use a car like the Supra is essential. I have driven all kinds of 'normal' cars for nearly 20 years and it is nothing like any of them. It's the power/rwd/handling combination that is most intriguing (and potentially dangerous!) and one that I'd love to really get the hang of, esp in an auto where you don't have clutch control/easy change-downs etc.

It is a shame that 'Learn to drive your Supe' round corners' day out never happened. There were LOADS of people interested in that, which tells me I am not the only one who thinks the above.

If you guys are planning a track day I would highly reccomend an airfield track day to begin with. They are much cheaper to start off with and there is nothing to hit if you loose control.

You can practise whatever maneouvre you wish and you know you can push to the limits without having any barriers or walls close by which would normally put you off.

The only downside is that tyre wear is increased slightly over a proper race track.

Airfield days are usually very nicely set out with a nice mix of corners and straights. The guys at easytrack setup a good mixture of technical corners, low speed and high speed corners etc. when they use Elvington near York.