Ebay bonnet dampers

Kev.O

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hi mate , you have the angle of the strut all wrong, they need to be mounted so that the strut is almost halfway in to its sleeve as due to the valving inside you are not getting the req amount of pressure to lift the bonnet at the angle you have them mounted, the principle of momentary force acting upon the strut at it's current angle is greater than the strut output pressure an so the angle must be altered.

Right i got a response today, they will do them for £650 + VAT which makes them £763.75 (10 pairs).

I forgot that rs add their vat afterwards :rolleyes: so retail (based on 6+ pairs) £721.50 + vat = £840.77 not a great saving im afraid, especially after i have them sent out to individuals, it will probably be £5 saved :search:

Right Uk Rich kindly offered me some advice and came up with an alternative damper.They are not stainless steel but it should suit your needs.

I have decided not to get involved in any group buy as people assume i am trying to take money from it. I am passing on the info for you to sort it amongst yourselves should you wish to source the alternatives.

I asked Uk rich if he will make the brackets and he said he is happy to. Please talk to him about cost. I hope that helps :)

Original dampers:

HERE

Here is the cheaper alternative:

HERE

• 2 weeks later...

Would anyone be interested in a set of these from RS? I might be able to get a few when I place an order at work. I need to sort out prices but they will be about £75 posted. Don't forget that will will need a bracket from uk-rich. This will be a one off order as I am using the company discount and can only do it once ;)