darren j adams

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Originally posted by TRD3000GT

Stop being such a buch of tossers. I was just saying that they sell parts for drag / race use that helps eliminate wheel hop.

:(

I guess warning someone against one of the shittiest US Supra parts stores qualifies me of being "a tosser"? Yea, I loved ordering parts through Titan over the phone.

Me> "You guys stock the SAFC-II"?

TitanCS> "Yes, they are ready for delivery"

*I place order along with a couple Gs worth of other items*

Partial Shipment arrives at my Florida address. I phone them up and they tell me they are out of stock on half my order and its on backorder. Over the course of the next month, parts slowly trickle to the doorstep in Florida.

Me>"Where is that SAFCII you told me was ready to ship?"

TitanCS>"Sorry its on backorder, but we can ship immediately the SAFC-I"

Me>"Uh.. gee... no thanks"

Nearly 3 MONTHS later, my AFCII shows up on my door in London.

There are hundreds of customers with similar and much worse cases. Some people waiting for half a year of delivery of parts that were paid up front, etc.

So, call me a tosser but I am looking out for the members of the BBS to pray they dont have to go through what I did. If Titan claims they have it, I can nearly guaruntee Dusty@ MVP will stock it.

My 2c

Originally posted by Supraguy

I guess warning someone against one of the shittiest US Supra parts stores qualifies me of being "a tosser"? Yea, I loved ordering parts through Titan over the phone.

I was not calling you a tosser. I was merely stating that whenever Some one trys to show someone some parts that are available there are always people who say. Stay away from them etc etc.

I have no problems with MVP or Titan really. I know most here dont trust titan or Supra Store But Titan are the only people that supply the parts I just linked in to show you.

Originally posted by Alex Holdroyd

How driveable is the car? ;)

Nice numbers indeed. Would like to see the full spec esp what you've done to allow 8,000rpm! :thumbs:

ARP rod bolts and some cams that make those rpm's worthwhile !!!! would be my guess

Dude:flame Dev

I was right

1.6bar was 536.3 ft'lb at 6988revs and 759.2 at 7150revs.

1.78bar was548.0ft'lb at6558revs and 769.6 at7445revs.

Ive spoke to bruv and if alls well we will run on 10th but do shake down runs ,and data logging on low boost.

If all goes well at the end we will crank it up,but only if all goes well.

We want to check it all works first.

It would be lovely to be the first british ,private built six speed in the tens along side dude.

Also two cars from mkiv site.

D.

Originally posted by darren j adams

YES

Im garretts uncle.

Why do you think under the bonnet is so shiny he has his own company G,gleam.

I think he has the quickest na type r in the country,or one of the quickest.

D.

PS If any one sees a yellow banana porsche 924 at the drags thats garretts brother.

PPS It runs in the family.

D.

Just making sure I had the right person, tell Garret Im going to knock him around the car park next time I see him. I know Paul Kent who is good friends with Garret, and he has done some polishing for me, very good quality as well, although we was trying to get him some work through a certain trader on here......

I have heard loads about this Porsche, and yes his type R is quite nippy, I think on the gas is was making same times as a stock TT.