Ark

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Definately up for this!!

What's the Supe booked in for G??

Interested...

Supe is booked in to KnightRacer on the 28th for a week !

I realise that you won't be able to cater for everybodys free weekends, so if we miss this one we will catch the next... may be nearer !

Cheers

G

im 100% on july dates and august too - any chance of a drift area too? i would be happy to instruct, help orgainse, etc and demonstrate supras can do it all sideways too!

I haven't been to this airfield yet, but I understand there's loads of space, so maybe...

PM me your background, what you've done/can do, driving/instructing qualifications...I don't mean to be funny, but if I put together a training day, I don't want to run the risk of people coming to me afterwards and saying "What's with that guy? He doesn't know what he's doing..." :) :)

is this all still appropriate for auto Supras or aimed at manuals?

Whatever you've got mate. It's all about learning to use and make the most of what you've got. There was at least one auto last time.

I haven't been to this airfield yet, but I understand there's loads of space, so maybe...

PM me your background, what you've done/can do, driving/instructing qualifications...I don't mean to be funny, but if I put together a training day, I don't want to run the risk of people coming to me afterwards and saying "What's with that guy? He doesn't know what he's doing..." :) :)

well iv done every defensive driving course with the army,

and thats with various vehicles that was on offer but anything else i can do is a bonus,especially in my supra

• 2 weeks later...

Any more news on this?

Am definately interested. My track experience is:

Castle Combe driver day (Ford Focus & Formula Ford)

Lancia Integrale track day @ Goodwood (approx 30 laps)

Lancia Integrale track action @ Castle Combe (approx 5 laps)

Supra Pod

Hope you get enough people wanting to do this. I think I can do any weekend in July or August at the moment (and possibly days too as I've got holiday to take)

J

I'd be up for this to, done a couple of track days in a Caterfield, but I can't bring myself to apply the training to the Soop - and I'd love a day to explore it safely.

I'd like a go at drifting too, Don't s'pose there is a quiet area in the airfield where this could be set up too? Anyone on here fancy being the instructor? Learning to drift on the roads just sounds like asking for trouble to me - but I'd like to know how to do it and what it feels like. I know what to do, just can't/haven't/won't at the moment :)

• 2 weeks later...

OK, now I'm back from my holiday I'm going to get back on top of this.

Right now, I'm looking at dates in August (18th or 19th), so there should be plenty of time available to get this arranged. I've taken note that several people have asked for drifting lessons, and I know a professional instructor who covers drifting and might be interested in joining in (no promises yet).

• 5 weeks later...

Well, having identified a particular weekend, nobody has come forward and said whether that's good for them or not, or whether they would prefer the Saturday or Sunday. I can't afford to gamble £1200 to book the day and have nobody else turn up - been there before, and I don't like being broke for the rest of the year!

I need some people to come forward and preferably pony up some cash deposits before we can get definite.

I did check out the option of drifting instruction though - these guys don't teach drifting, and there wouldn't be enough space for that at the same time as the rest of the skills. I do know someone who teaches drifting professionally (amongst other disciplines) so maybe that's one for the future.

Yes, but the cost is the same per person, because each of you will be getting the same amount of time with the instructor. Best to bring the second person in a second car even if it is a shitter, so they can get as much free-driving time as you do. You can still swap cars during the day that way.

Cheer up Gaz - If there aren't enough people, this date won't be happening and we can try another time.

I would say that I'd like to get it in during the summer to get the best chance with the weather, but with recent conditions....who knows.