The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Holy S**t it's fast!

Homer

Guest Geneb
Cheers guys :) I'm still buzzing from driving it for the last 3 hours :D

Rob, take if from me, however much hassle you get, whatever the headache, it's worth it ;)

Geneb, yep, I'll be taking it to the next Reading meet (and probably taking a few passengers out... I think Toby is first on the list :D )

Phil, it's been a long time coming, the conversion was finished in November, but I had some 'technical' issues :innocent: A short spec is in my garage.

Can't wait until tomorrow now to take it out with the vid camera fitted.

Just don't do a Lui;)

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys

Sorry i could not get on internet last night was down at home.

Must say was pleasure to meet you bud and god there was so moments i had to look up from laptop as started to think we just went into space LOL.

Ok the logs are still on my laptop but can confirm that full boost of 1.1 in 6th appeared at 3100 rpm will post logs later this evening. Note some of this was also due to learning out the AFR of the build up of boost to create more heat (energy) turning the turbine faster.

The AFR are mapped to 11.5-11.6 at 1bar and 1.2bar of boost but mapped slightly richer at 1.4 to around 11.3-11.4 to keep the EGT's down and get in as much ignition timing as possiable.

Most comment on what ever injectors Daryl is running really have a good spray pattern as was managing to get lots of ignition timing in top end.

Unfortunatly as was getting late did not manage to get the cold start setup but i uploaded mine from my supra and should be just the same. Any problems tho my phone is always on.

Some bits to do next then bud is get another wideband sensor for you aem as think yours is abit dodgy after all the problems you had with over fueling early in project and then were test against my innovate again.

Also look in to getting a lower pressure wastegate spring so you can run less than 1bar in first as traction was a problem :D

last but not least get a big sticker by your fuel cap saying "PETROL ULTIMATE ONLY" :p

without meaning to sound funny.....do you reckon its worth taking it to Phoenix from the off?? I was planning a DIY effort, but the boys up there really seem to know there stuff

glad its now up and running for you homer, you can now enjoy it, once the rain clears ;) amazing that it starts making bost quicker than a sequential system as well :cool:

Well, that is in 6th gear, bear in mind you have to be doing about 90mph before you get 1bar ;)

Marvellous stuff my man, glad it's sorted! A few ups and downs there and congrats to Ryan for sussing the injector lag time issue :thumbs:

I'd like a go in it one day, see how it feels to mine, seeing as it should be exactly the same!

-Ian

Thanks for kind words ian and sorry for asking homer to ring you about AEM output scaling in the end we just used my innovate but sorry for bothering you bud.

I will get a logs up tonight to show some spool in lower gears.

I think homer could do with a nice set of cams as he was saying you got a great gain from them with your setup.

Great stuff mate :thumbs: Glad your happy once again with supra ownership :clap:

I sure am mate :D

For wkdtime: The cold start is working and it drives fine when cold (not quite as smooth as warm, but then it never was before). It's very rich when idling but Ryan is coming back in the next few days to fix this (apparently it's just an adjustment so isn't a concern).

Went for another drive today. Either I'm going to get bankrupted by the fuel bills or lose my license :D

Good one Darryl. You'll have to take me for another spin so i can see how it compares to bpu.

What do you recon the conversion cost you all in then mate? From bpu to where you are now.

Not including the tank of tractor fuel :D