The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Quick question

Guest Geneb

Well maybe so...but I'm just saying...that's what the graph stated.

I am starting to wonder what the point is, in getting your car dyno'd now.

This is why I think all RR figures are irrelevant. You will get different figures on different RR's and yet the higher figure doesn't make the car quicker.

IMHO, a RR should be used as an aid to mapping and tuning and not as a reference to power.

I think you may be able to get 480 on j spec turbos but there would be a big risk of them going pop as i think youd have to run around 1.4 bar.

You would probably make less power at 1.4bar as you're just generating more heat once you get up that high. I believe Ian C once did some testing and 1.4 bar was worse than 1.3.

the only figure that matters on the dyno really is the RWHP as no calculations are done, but then i guess that can still be fiddled.

I disagree. Why should a figure matter that could be different depending on where you go to have it done?

It is only going to matter to the folks who want to brag down the pub. It will mean feck all in real life

Yes it is, but that's not how you workout drive drivetrain losses. You need to take the percentage from the flywheel figure rather than adding it to the wheel figure (or the hub figure as you're doing)

516.25 less 20% = 413

518.75 less 20% = 415

(I was using the 415rhhp figure, that you used to have in your Sig, when I worked it out earlier)

Ah ok, did not know that.

PS, I never stated 415 as a figure though.

You didn't seem sure in the other thread, you thought they might be hybrids.

In any case on stock 440 injectors it's impossible.

edit: and yes it's RHHP, hub power is ~11% higher than RWHP IIRC.

I was not sure back then mate, but now they are off I know they're stock

This is the last thing I will say on the matter as I feel like I have just been raped.

My car was one of many BPU Supras to go onto the Dyno that Day. Most of which got around 360rhhp and also a single that got 470rhhp.

After speaking to well know tuner on here straight after, he did not suggest that the figures were "impossible"

So lets says the rollers are not completely accurate...are we saying that they are possibly 50 or even more bhp out?

Anyway...what's my point?..well all I am saying is, to say 480bhp out of a BPU Supra is impossible seems a bit closed minded to me...I think it can be done.

Anyway...what's my point?..well all I am saying is, to say 480bhp out of a BPU Supra is impossible seems a bit closed minded to me...I think it can be done.

Dude...fact...those powers are not possible with the stock JDM 440's, a good rule of thumb with a turbo'd 3000cc car is...at max duty the injectors can fuel 1cc for each bhp....so 440BHP is physically the max bhp the 440's can fuel for at pretty much full duty IIRC.

Hmm.

Strong proven hybrids at 1.4bar

550cc injectors at 85% duty run off an E-Manage Blue

256in 264ex cams

FMIC + ducting

2.5" CW decat system

Dyno'd at 480Bhp at the fly and even that I think was slightly overrated.

So better turbos, more boost, more valve lift, more duration, better cooling, and fueling that isn't running 10:1 afrs gave me less power than using a boost controller on stockers and letting god sort it out? C'mon :shrug: it's not like we are lying to you for personal gain here :)

-Ian

They are stock turbos

Full Decat

FMIC

Greddy Profec B Boost Controller @ 1.2bar

FCD

This is Fly Wheel power we are talking about right?

I got 413rhhp @ Thor...account for about a 20% loss through drivetrain etc and it works out at about 490bhp at the fly

I got the 473 rhhp and 452 lb/ft .

Dont know what this would equate to at the flywheel but I reckon its about 500fwhp approx

the mods were-

HKS cams 256/264

Envy hybrids

HKS hiper exhaust +double 3" decats

Fully rebuilt engine(brand new)

Blitz FMIC LM

HKS Trac removal kit

Mines ECU

Apexi S-AFC II

Power enterprise 650cc inj

1.4 bar of boost

thats as much as a couple of singles have made at thors dyno.

I got the 473 rhhp and 452 lb/ft .

Dont know what this would equate to at the flywheel but I reckon its about 500fwhp approx

the mods were-

HKS cams 256/264

Envy hybrids

HKS hiper exhaust +double 3" decats

Fully rebuilt engine(brand new)

Blitz FMIC LM

HKS Trac removal kit

Mines ECU

Apexi S-AFC II

Power enterprise 650cc inj

1.4 bar of boost

thats as much as a couple of singles have made at thors dyno.

473 ATW wheels would equate to summit around 550 HP ATF, the setup looks impressive, I woud have thought 500 HP ATF would have been more realistic with that set up.

I have a T67, on low boost with all supporting mods it makes 500 ATF and that's at Dans which is known to be a tad stingy.

Yeah this set up was on my old car,did a couple of quarter mile runs in her too managed to break into 120+ trap time too once.

I would definately agree at around 500 at the fly.

473 ATW wheels would equate to summit around 550 HP ATF, the setup looks impressive, I woud have thought 500 HP ATF would have been more realistic with that set up.

I have a T67, on low boost with all supporting mods it makes 500 ATF and that's at Dans which is known to be a tad stingy.

473 ATW wheels would equate to summit around 550 HP ATF,
Rich isn't claiming ATW though, he said at the hubs. There seems to be a bigger than expected difference between Thor's hub figure and any other Dyno's RWHP figures.

I reckon Thor RHHP figures are about equal to calculated flywheel numbers on any other dyno.

Rich isn't claiming ATW though, he said at the hubs. There seems to be a bigger than expected difference between Thor's hub figure and any other Dyno's RWHP figures.

I reckon Thor RHHP figures are about equal to calculated flywheel numbers on any other dyno.

:iagree: