The mkiv Supra Owners Club

picked her up today

gaz1

Can't believe they attempted to map it when the boost isn't being controlled properly.

Sorry but that's asking for trouble....you cannot expect a motor to take 1.8bar day in day out and stay reliable.

TF should have sorted this out before it went near the rollers.

I dont think Gaz is looking for reliability TBH - 1 dead engine = 1 fully built one :)

I dont think Gaz is looking for reliability TBH - 1 dead engine = 1 fully built one :)

Oh right, so that's TF's and your excuse for letting a time bomb out the door is it?!!

I'd like to know if Gaz really wants to chuck his money away.

No one should need a rebuild to run a 4088...and no one should have to accept uncontrolled boost as a job done.

Gaz's spec is similar to Jamie's, he should get the same performance give or take...3200rpm full boost or 5600rpm full boost...hmmm let me think, which one is acceptible....

Gaz's spec is similar to Jamie's, he should get the same performance give or take...3200rpm full boost or 5600rpm full boost...hmmm let me think, which one is acceptible....

Gaz is getting full boost @ 5600, didnt see that. What could be the reason for that?

Faulty wastegate or foobared actuator on the boost controller?

But that dyno plot doesn't look quite right takes an awfully long time to spool.. :shrug:

The AEM is controlling the boost AFAIK...I don't know if it's using an AEM actuator though...if it is it should be a new one...as it's a new AEM install *AFAIK*

wish i knew what you were all on about - i feel so left out :blink:

maybe one day i'll be able to afford to do something other than put fuel in mine....

it may not be right, but from the smile on gaz's face, the looks whilst he was at the petrol station and the sound coming from the engine id say he's pretty close to having a spot on sup :D

Jake what boost did yours make that power figure at?

Surely you'd expect a much higher rwhp @ 1.8bar? Didn't Pig's car make 447rwhp on a smaller turbo running less boost?

Correct - T61 @ 1.2 bar. I will try to dig out my graphs today to compare.

My turbo was a bit knackered @ time of RR - The shaft was very stiff to turn which could explain later full boost, but would it explain extra power? (turbo fine now and car still too slow ;))

Something is definitely not right Gaz, you should be making max boost a lot earlier and making more hp. I would not run it at 1.8bar either, could be a recipe for disaster :bang:

What wastegate do you have fitted and what spring is in it? I'd get it swapped for one that will limit to around 1bar and then use your EBC to up the boost to 1.4bar max.

Good luck getting it sorted, it will be worth it when you do :thumbs:

personaly i think it has something to do with the overboosting, but greg had tried to sort that to no avail, which i find disturbing as they have done the single install, what can it be knackered waste gate, boost pipes wrongly fitted, leaking boost pipes, all i know is i just paid for the job to get done and it isnt right, greg said i can give i can floor it all day long, but i am concerned as i said i don,t want to blow it before i have another one done ready to swap, he also said it will need remapping in 3 weeks, to be honest not sure what to do now:(

Something is definitely not right Gaz, you should be making max boost a lot earlier and making more hp. I would not run it at 1.8bar either, could be a recipe for disaster :bang:

What wastegate do you have fitted and what spring is in it? I'd get it swapped for one that will limit to around 1bar and then use your EBC to up the boost to 1.4bar max.

Good luck getting it sorted, it will be worth it when you do :thumbs:

to be honest i would take a guess at it being a xs power one, the spring was a 2 bar one but that was changed to a 0.8 spring and made no difference:(