The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Suprapod best times of the day

lui

Thats a good result Heyrick, you should be pleased with it :)

Thanks, just been looking through Monkey Mark's lists and it seems ok. twas only my fourth ever drag run so quite pleased with it.

best 1/4 mph was 106.97 and best 60ft was 2.25.

Times dropped off in the afternoon - I think I was spinning a bit more + the extra temperature?

Times dropped off in the afternoon - I think I was spinning a bit more + the extra temperature?

Good point. It was certainly warmer from 1-3pm which will have reduced power a little.

Did anyone spot if they put any more glue down in the lunch break or before the afternoon session?

We paid for a prepped track but not once did I see anyone stick any glue down on the start line :Pling: Not that I got to watch much racing though!

where are all the n/a's :D particually the autos be interested if any went and what times they got

I had a couple of runs later in the afternoon and was quite chuffed.

J-spec N/A Auto, full de-cat, RS*R GT2 zorst, carbon bodywork, 17" Advan Ver2's:-

+0.2720 -- Reaction

2.6050 --- 60ft

7.0821 --- 330ft

10.6688 --- 1/8 ET

70.77 ---- 1/8 MPH

13.6520 --- 1000' ET

16.3481 --- 1/4 ET

86.70 --- 1/4 MPH

[edit] I was running on standard Unleaded, too

What I found interesting was that my 1000' times were within a few tenths of the 1/4 times posted by Leon in the opposite lane each time.

Nice times Jay :thumbs: I presume you are decat?

BTW, how do you find those TRD pads?

Cheers Bobbeh :)

I do have a first decat, but only actually hit 0.8 bar in daily road trim. I fitted a bleed valve at Pod to do a few runs @1Bar (do have FCD and plugs). Definately feels much faster. Without the bleed valve, I was running the same times as other stock cars (ie 0.8Bar)

The TRD pads are great, loads of dust though. About to revert to standard as I am putting new UK disks on soon, as mine are rather corroded on the inside face.

I ran a 13 dead in our blue Rx-7. Doug had a few runs in it too. 13.4 i think was his best. Ok so its not a Supra, but such a great 'out of the box' car. :)

so you were in the RX7! I was against you on my last run, and you totally did me! i poo'd myself when you came alongside! lol

Cheers Ark, good to hear.

Were you lot impressed with the mr2's? first uk built mr2 in the tens i believe!

No one (well almost no one) knew anything about the Mr2's that turned up. The Red (Rogue?) one was very impressive and just kept going and going. Great reliabilty and they sure got their money's worth :D I don't think anyone here would have realised that getting a 10 in one was significant to the MR2, but if that was a record then well done to them :)

Didn't see the others run but the owners seemed like nice chaps from the brief chat when they came in :)

Which one were you? There was a red, black and gold I think!

so you were in the RX7! I was against you on my last run, and you totally did me! i poo'd myself when you came alongside! lol

:D I was expecting a good thrashing to be honest! Out of the three runs i did in it, i only lost against Robbie, but i was concentrating more on comentating on myself cos i took my radio mic with me in the car. :D

I managed 26 runs :)

Best time:

Reaction: + .2748

60ft: 2.2111

330ft: 5.9122

1/8 ET: 8.8151

1/8 MPH: 86.03

1000' ET: 11.2451

1/4 ET: 13.4033

1/4 MPH: 107.87

Best reaction time was +0.0319, and best 1/4 MPH 108.42

UK TT Auto, double decat + HKS exhaust. Was having boost problems all day, kept hitting fuel cut. Finally managed to get it stable at about 11-12 psi, just reaching 14-15 psi towards the top of the rev range.

Best we could do was 11.96 @ 131, this is our first year drag racing we have a lot to learn about geting the power down. Set up the two step rev limiter now so should help getting off the line and full throtal gear change should help, taget is low 10s.

Very good day out good to see so many nice Supas and meet up with people.

60ft: 2.1698

1/4 ET: 14.8849

1/4 mph: 93.13

Pretty pleased with that as I still have one cat in from my recent MOT.

There must have been more NAs running than have posted times so far?

:looney:

I'm pretty sure your the fastest NA - just waiting for anyone else to come forward with proof otherwise ;)

Gaz.

Not many totally "stock" TT's out there (mine won't be next year) :Pling:

We pleased with the car, not so pleased with me leaving the T/C on on about four runs - pleased it was so quiet so I could go around and have another go.. :)

Great day..

2.3461 --- 60ft

13.6900 --- 1/4 ET

105.44 --- 1/4 MPH

Best time, Jap, Auto, TT, Stock. T/C off ...:D