The mkiv Supra Owners Club

RAF Marham - Today

Wez

Mike, I'm getting good at whip-lashing the odd cone. :dShame we didn't get have a hoot together, then again i hate to blow dust all over you :D :p

I do a good enough job of getting dust all over my own car without your help...! and would you be blowing dust all over me with or without a cone sticking out of each wheelarch? ;)

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hello :wave: that pic was one I took, not sure if it was your car. I was the lad with the black Accord Type-R that you were parked next before the other supra's turned up. Or at least whoever had the whifbitz Supra with the carbon bonnet.

I have some video of your sessions as well, at least 10 seconds of a couple of Supra's going through the corners next to the paddock. A white one with lots of kit on getting a little bit of oversteer on and the silver one with no spoiler nailing it out of the corner, very nice.

I'll post them up once i've sorted out a working firewire connection

Good show by the Supra's though :)

Hi again, the whifbitz one was mine... glad to see someone got a shot of me. I think the supes spent so much time out there we didn't even bother with photos!

... Oh and welcome to the forum... if you post up vids you'll deffo make a few friends :)

How did you get on with your car?

About 5mil left :D

We should defo have a Supra track day event there.

Lads look out for the Toyota owners club day at Bruntingthorpe, almost as good as RAF M ;)

Mike, I'm getting good at whip-lashing the odd cone.

Shame we didn't get have a hoot together, then again i hate to blow dust all over you

.... oooo that sounds like a 'challenge' :eyebrows:

May I referee ;)

Definately think a supra day is on the cards - we'll have to all work at getting the spaces filled.

Brunters, now theres a thought!

Steve, I recon it was about 2.5 miles. 1 mile straight a few twisties and back again.

I done 130 miles which sounds about right as you had one more session at the end!

Just worked out I averaged 8 MPG on that tank of fuel :taped: !!! And that was including a gentle 22 miles from the petrol station!

I hate to think what you single boys got.

Caroline said thanks for the much needed shade under the gazebo. At least someone was prepared eh?

I reckon I got 100 miles out of a tank in the afternoon sessions :sly: - I don't want to work that one out !

No probs on the shade.... I'd suggested to wifey we needed one of those for the garden, them promptly nicked it for the track day :eyebrows:

I do a good enough job of getting dust all over my own car without your help...! and would you be blowing dust all over me with or without a cone sticking out of each wheelarch?

... ooo theres the slap across the face with the gloves - turbos at dawn then ?

You look at your speedo??!! you are either very relaxed or a potential fighter pilot!

my eyes never move from the windscreen matinee until I get on the straight again... lol :blink:

did you mean the corner at the end of the straight? That corner had horror story written all over it.. I left it a bit late once, and like you say, the car really doesn't steer well when it's stood on its nose...

.... I just like to get a feel for whats good for each of the corners!

Yep the left corner which quickly followed the right hander after the straight - felt almost like a shicane :)

I found out at lunch time that the westies were going through there at 100 so felt I should see how that felt :taped:

Guest Nicholas

Who's sup was it that went broadside then backwards through the cones that seperate the track from the spectators? top marks there!

That would have been me Mike :innocent: :D

Apparently he wiped out a row of cones and when he realised he still had one under the car, did a burn out (backwards) to get it out... lol

that is funny... although they said that the cones were lent to them..

100 through the chickane.. that's very fast! did you make it..? or did you keep your eyes shut? I was halfway though 3rd gear which must have been what...60/70? that was plenty fast enough..

Guest jimAtr
Hi again, the whifbitz one was mine... glad to see someone got a shot of me. I think the supes spent so much time out there we didn't even bother with photos!

... Oh and welcome to the forum... if you post up vids you'll deffo make a few friends :)

How did you get on with your car?

I had one of the best days i've ever had, I may only have 212 ponies, but the Accord really impressed me out there. Lots of lift off-oversteer, great balanced car and nudging 135 down the straight.

The sight of all those supras though with the turbos spooling up does tempt me into bigger things :) but I did 105 miles around the track and burned £50 of fuel, i think you guys were on 3x times that ;)

It was also a really friendly day, everyone happy to talk about their motors. I'm hooked on track-days now.

I should have some vid's up by the weekend, if not earlier.

I had one of the best days i've ever had, I may only have 212 ponies, but the Accord really impressed me out there. Lots of lift off-oversteer, great balanced car and nudging 135 down the straight.

The sight of all those supras though with the turbos spooling up does tempt me into bigger things :) but I did 105 miles around the track and burned £50 of fuel, i think you guys were on 3x times that ;)

It was also a really friendly day, everyone happy to talk about their motors. I'm hooked on track-days now.

I should have some vid's up by the weekend, if not earlier.

Yep - like I was saying when we chatted - I loved the handling on those accord's - not natural for a front-wheel drive.

You would have had some fun through the twisties.

As for the fuel - I don't want to add that up!.....

In fact - I've just worked it out....

30 gallons, 150 miles on track = 5mpg :taped: :taped:

( and I've adjusted for travelling to and from ! )

... waits for the video with excitement :D :D

that is funny... although they said that the cones were lent to them..

100 through the chickane.. that's very fast! did you make it..? or did you keep your eyes shut? I was halfway though 3rd gear which must have been what...60/70? that was plenty fast enough..

LMAO - eyes were wide open ! - only tried that a couple of times as it was verging on complete wipeout. I was still in 4th!

Guest jimAtr
Yep - like I was saying when we chatted - I loved the handling on those accord's - not natural for a front-wheel drive.

You would have had some fun through the twisties.

As for the fuel - I don't want to add that up!.....

In fact - I've just worked it out....

30 gallons, 150 miles on track = 5mpg :taped: :taped:

( and I've adjusted for travelling to and from ! )

... waits for the video with excitement :D :D

Yeah lots of fun, the fast chicane as you came back towards the pits was great fun, only needed a stab on the brakes to get the backend to shift around a bit for the corner, i noticed lots of other cars braking much earlier.

I believe i also have some video of your car pulling hard past the paddock :)

The EVO split his power steering pipe and spat it onto the manifold.

Dont think any supras had over heating issues.

My gearbox was getting tight towards the end of the afternoon sessions but loosen'd up again after cooling down a bit !? - maybe I need an oilcooler for it. No P/S problems though.

Si, that sounds cheap!! :) Are you sure that isn't just the runway for v-max runs etc like the evo boys have done?

Would First Response cover the medics and the station supply the volunteer marshals again?

If it is the case and that price is for a 'track day' when word gets out they might as well forget about flying Tornados out of there because the place will be full of cars every weekend! :D

Thats for a v max event - not 100% about an actual track day as we're only allowed 2 or 3 per year. v max events actually cost more the a track day event due to insurance and motorsport licences needed.

Thats for a v max event - not 100% about an actual track day as we're only allowed 2 or 3 per year. v max events actually cost more the a track day event due to insurance and motorsport licences needed.

Right. following on from this...

Only V-Max events can be done, not trackdays. and there are no dates available for this years as they have been booked up already!

If you do a V-Max event, you will have to supply your own timing gear.