RAF Marham - Today

Wez

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

£50 for RAF Marham? Holy feck screw any other day I had planned if I'm not working I'll be deffo up for this.

It was £60 quid for yesterday or £100 quid for the whole weekend, prices are great for the amount of tracktime available.

yeah, 50 is to make it worthwhile for the base. (dont ask me why! - I dont know!)

.. that may get some interest!

Si - do you know how long the course was at the weekend?

I was trying to work out how many laps I did, my odo showed I'd done about 150 miles out there !

Or a mile and a quarter if you gun it through the bottom bend...;)

...praying that the concrete section before the hairpin was grippy enough!

Must admit I couldn't go through that left-right anymore than about 90! - It was a little unnerving sliding whilst trying to brake for the tight right.

Must admit I couldn't go through that left-right anymore than about 90!

You look at your speedo??!! you are either very relaxed or a potential fighter pilot!

my eyes never move from the windscreen matinee until I get on the straight again... lol :blink:

did you mean the corner at the end of the straight? That corner had horror story written all over it.. I left it a bit late once, and like you say, the car really doesn't steer well when it's stood on its nose...

My favourite corner was the long hairpin before the second short straight.. the roomy 3rd gear number.. it was fast, under full power and you were throwing the car from one side to the other... after a while I was aiming the middle of the car right at the cone.. the slide just put you wide of it under full chat... it was beautiful! The slingshot out the other side gave you 20-30 mph head start on most other cars.. perfect for the sup. I had a tussle with the red evo there after the tight bits and never saw him again. :eyebrows:

The zebra crossing was fun :D

Can you remember me trying to brake for the camera car up the straight - you were behind...? The only time I saw it all day...

I thought it was time for a show, so I tried to rub some speed off sharpish and pull close behind the car.. Unfortunately I must have been doing about 130 +/- and was hard on the brakes..

I had a feeling that the camera guys fluffed the shot as they both put their cameras on the floor with a look of terror in their eyes as the gap closed. To be fair it would have been a bit touch and go, and the fact they downed camera did not bode well, so I took off after you again... moment of fame lost... doh!

Guest jimAtr
Is that my baby ?! - can't quite tell but looks like a vented bonnet :)

Hello :wave: that pic was one I took, not sure if it was your car. I was the lad with the black Accord Type-R that you were parked next before the other supra's turned up. Or at least whoever had the whifbitz Supra with the carbon bonnet.

I have some video of your sessions as well, at least 10 seconds of a couple of Supra's going through the corners next to the paddock. A white one with lots of kit on getting a little bit of oversteer on and the silver one with no spoiler nailing it out of the corner, very nice.

I'll post them up once i've sorted out a working firewire connection :rolleyes:

Good show by the Supra's though :)

I'll post them up once i've sorted out a working firewire connection :rolleyes:

Good show by the Supra's though :)

Hello and thanks for that, look forward to it

I thought we were going to get a spanking from the exotica tbh but the prize for top entertainment definately went to the drifting boys in the old saloon cars... it was barbequed vauxhauls all round... top marks!

Ash - how are yer brakes ?

Sorry didn't say goodbye... the base boys we're keeping me busy with passenger rides!

About 5mil left :D

Absolutely the best track day i have had.

We should defo have a Supra track day event there.

Lads look out for the Toyota owners club day at Bruntingthorpe, almost as good as RAF M ;)

Mike, I'm getting good at whip-lashing the odd cone. :D

Shame we didn't get have a hoot together, then again i hate to blow dust all over you :D :p

Right - cost would be £2500 for hire of the track, be looking at minimum of 50 cars to make it worth while.

Si, that sounds cheap!! :) Are you sure that isn't just the runway for v-max runs etc like the evo boys have done?

Would First Response cover the medics and the station supply the volunteer marshals again?

If it is the case and that price is for a 'track day' when word gets out they might as well forget about flying Tornados out of there because the place will be full of cars every weekend! :D

.. that may get some interest!

Si - do you know how long the course was at the weekend?

I was trying to work out how many laps I did, my odo showed I'd done about 150 miles out there !

Steve, I recon it was about 2.5 miles. 1 mile straight a few twisties and back again.

I done 130 miles which sounds about right as you had one more session at the end!

Just worked out I averaged 8 MPG on that tank of fuel :taped: !!! And that was including a gentle 22 miles from the petrol station!

I hate to think what you single boys got. :p

Caroline said thanks for the much needed shade under the gazebo. At least someone was prepared eh?

As I wasn't driving, I've got tonnes of footage of the supras (to my friends annoyance, I'm sure) - mainly short snippets of the corners near the paddock but I'll edit them together and post up as soon as my mate gives me the raw files... We got a few in car shots too so I'll put them in too :)

Did we work out who the guy in the white Sup was in the end? The one who got told off by the marshals...?

Did we work out who the guy in the white Sup was in the end? The one who got told off by the marshals...?

He had at least 80kg of stereo equipment in the back though.. and plenty of sideways moments near the paddock. What was he told off for?

Who's sup was it that went broadside then backwards through the cones that seperate the track from the spectators? top marks there!