The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Possible Dyno day at Power Station Cheltenham

damouk

Sending the cheque today Martin.

Tell me, what can/do they log and print out for you at powerstation?

Power and torque - I'm guessing they'll be flywheel estimates

AFR?

Temps?

Are we looking at one single run each? I know at the Thor dyno on these days you get up to 6 runs each.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest gtr mart

At powerstation, they dont monitor boost pressures or temps or anything like that.

What you will get is a graph that shows the whp - they let the car coast down after the run and this plots the apparent losses through the transmission and then another line is plotted onto the graph which is the losses + the WHP which gives an apparent BHP figure.

You also get a torge curve sometimes too - although on one ro two occasions my graphs have been missing this.

It is likely that we will only get one run. I guess with ther dynapack (if its anything like the set up at Abbey - also Dynapack) then you would probably get more than one run as they have to take the wheels off and bolt the car to the machine. I bet it cost more than £25 though.....

I have a graph from powerstation on the tinternet somewhere. Will try and dig it out - its from my old Civic Type R.

cheers

Martin

Guest gtr mart
Hi Martin

Thanks for the update! Sounds like it is going to be a great day.

See you there mate.

Ray

I still haven't received it mate. When did you send it?

Dandan - cheque received - thanks.

Cheque will head off to you tommorow Martin.

Can't wait.... With 30 cars going, are we going to be able to book an approx time?

I think the way it will work will be that cars are run in make order. I was intending for about 2 lower power cars to run first whilst people are turning up - then I was intending to run the skylines followed by the supras. I don't think it will be possible to book times. If people don't want to hang around, then I can give it some thought and see if I can give rough approximations of time. I will have a chat to powerstation tonight

Cheers chaps

Martin

Guest gtr mart

will do - no probs. Surprised it hasn't got here. Even post with the wrong post code etc gets here. Renishaw is a big Company around these areas so the posties know where things should be going if it says Renishaw on the address.

Will keep my eyes peeled and then if I do get another I will rip it up / return it.

cheers

Martin

Guest gtr mart

Did I spot one of you guys this morning? (Friday 20/08/04)

I was in my Red R32 GTR

Someone was is in a Nice Silver Supra. Maybe a kit - nice rims

Anyone that may be coming on Saturday 11th Sept? looked nice

Mart

I saw you, i think, this morning on Elmbridge Court Roundabout. You blasted off down the Golden-Valley by-pass with a Cavalier in hot pursuit.... i doubt you noticed it-Byeeee....

Cheers for the comments on the car m8, i went to JAE and thought it looked goddamn boring next to some of the others!!

I've seen you a couple of times in the past. Probably see you on the 11th. I dont really want to do a run, but can i come and watch.......???:cool:

Guest gtr mart
Probably see you on the 11th. I dont really want to do a run, but can i come and watch.......???

Yea sure. No probs Anyone is welcome. Owner or not. I think there is quite a lot of room there, so there shouldn't be any space issues.

Only got a quick glance at your motor - but that glance suggested you had some rather fine rims.

cheers

Martin

Guest gtr mart

Colsoop and Rays the Roof - got your cheques - thanks.

Ray - will keep an eye out for the potential second cheque.

Crimbo - I have just realised that I have you on the list as one of the runners. Is there any reason why you don't want to run any more?

Cheers

Martin

i've only just realised you want payment up front, i will post a cheque tomorrow morning (seems stupid posting it really as i only live 2 miles away in charfield:p )

is there any chance i can run quite early, i have got some stuff to do in the early afternoon!:(

Guest gtr mart

The supra's will have run by mid to late morning I think. I was intending to run one or two of the small power cars first

a clio and a crx

then the skylines (maybe the two gtir's if both turn up)

then the supras. There will be one supra running - either first or after the clio/crx but I don't want to chuck loads of supras on then. I would like to think the supras will be well under way by 10.45 / 11ish. I was going to ask Damouk to get a running order for you chaps then I would just speak to him on the day and he could get you guys ready.

Hope this is ok - if it does look like its taking longer than expected we can always try and slip you on. It doesnt take that much time to adjust the rollers.

cheers

Mart

Guest gtr mart

Crimbo - are you deffo not going to run your car? Shall i take you off the list?

Also - does anyone on the list drive an Auto? :(

Guest gtr mart

Hi chaps - sorry for the delay in responding, I have been busy recently.

Anyway - as damouk said - I spoke to powerstation and they have said they will run the supra autos - but if they kick down then the power run is wasted.

I dont know for sure - but putting logic into place I guess they want to run the car in D as this is probably the best ratio to get the most accurate reading from. What they must do is something to let the car be run in top - In D that holds it in top even at lowest revs.

Anyway - autos are good, I wasn't worried - honest.

Attilauk - I am pretty sure I haven't received your cheque. I will have another look around the desk but nothing seems to have come through.

Here is the current list of runners:

skyline R32 GTR me PAID

Skyline R32 GTR Pikey PAID

Skyline R32 GTR Skyline USA

skyline R34 GTT Gregwil

Skyline R33 GTR kgleeson PAID

Skyline R32 GTR Lightspeed

Skyline R33 GTR V Spec Chris Lacey

Evo 6 c/o Gregwil

Nissan Pulsar gtir c/o Gregwil

Nissan pulsar gtir matt thompson PAID

Nissan 200sx sbkrider PAID

clio williams Chris roberts PAID

Audi Quattro 1.8T Dave Champion PAID

Damouk - UK Supra

Rays the roof - Jap NA Supra PAID

Oxygene - Jap TT Supra

Wilfman - Jap TT Supra PAID

Attilauk - UK Supra.

dandan - Jap TT Supra PAID

Colsoop - Supra TT - 6 speed PAID

Mitsi GTO Marty6470 PAID

Mitsi GTO Dead ringer PAID

Mitsi GTO Andy PAID

Mitsi GTO Dan

Honda CRX (160bhp) Sam Chappel PAID

Celica 190

erm... a nova

Originally posted by gtr mart

Anyway - as damouk said - I spoke to powerstation and they have said they will run the supra autos - but if they kick down then the power run is wasted.

When we a r/r day in Norwich the auto TT Supras were fine in manu mode and 2nd gear for the power runs. There were a couple of issues with the NA autos as they seem to operate differently and did change gear.

Guest gtr mart

the chap I spoke to said he had done a fair bit of work with Supra's so was more familier with them. He should know that there are variants of the supra auto (ie turbo / NA) so there shouldn't be a problem.

Its getting close now - only a week away. Does everyone know where they are going?

There is a map on their website http://www.powerstation.org.uk

alternatively - if people still don't know where they are going I will probably be ok to meet a few people on the outskirts and drive there in convoy.