The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hmmm....

cheekymonkey

CJ / Homer thanks so much. He did mention something about the bumper being replaced but hey. Maybe I should calm down, hang on and do some research.

CJ - Got anything that may suit? :D

Eeep - where do I pay my £10 I think I am about to be barred from posting...

No problem mate, its things like this that make this forum worth its weight in gold :D

If you have paypal, go to UserCP, then paid subscriptions. It's almost instant and you'll gain access to the members section ;)

CJ / Homer thanks so much. He did mention something about the bumper being replaced but hey. Maybe I should calm down, hang on and do some research.

No problem mate - I think we should all try to look out for each other here ;)

CJ - Got anything that may suit? :D

Sadly, not really. I have a UK spec Auto that i am selling for a mate but that maybe too high a mileage car for you (plus another member may string me up if I sell it before he sees it on the weekend) :D

Eeep - where do I pay my £10 I think I am about to be barred from posting...

I am sure Homer will advise :D

My opinion would be not to rush in. There are lots of nice cars out there at good prices. tke your time, check them out (preferably with someone who knows them) and you will end up with a decent proper car. ;)

My opinion would be not to rush in. There are lots of nice cars out there at good prices. tke your time, check them out (preferably with someone who knows them) and you will end up with a decent proper car. ;)

All paid up - cheers guys!

Appreciate if you could keep your eyes open for me - you know my kind of budget but don't mind paying extra for the right car.

black or red, 6 speed, not silly mileage.

I am actually going down to a dealer tomorrow to test drive a couple of auto's just to get a feel. I can't imaging buying an automatic car in this league but I'd be annoyed with myself if I didn't at least consider one...

I am actually going down to a dealer tomorrow to test drive a couple of auto's just to get a feel. I can't imaging buying an automatic car in this league but I'd be annoyed with myself if I didn't at least consider one...

You will be surprised with the auto, they are very good on the Supra. That said it just doesn't give the freedom of the manual - I love to down shift, prat around with the gears and Heel & Toe when conditions allow.

From what I've seen you really need a £7.5k budget to get a basic, good 6spd TT. More (or much more) to get one with lower mileage and higher spec.

What I *really* want is this one

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/139625.htm

However it's all going a bit pear shaped. But keeping my fingers crossed! :)

Its not full veilside either (stock rear spoiler lol) that said apart from tatty steering wheel there isn't much visually takes away from that car. Some mug, sorry unlucky individual could end up with a bit of a biffer if its been proper smashed and not fixed right.

don't get confused there are a couple of black 6 spd's I was looking at - only one has been confirmed as having "issues". Veilside one is OK... and I do like the style personally...

OK I got my wires crossed there. That one is like I said a good looking car. If its not the one that CJ has told you is biffed then it is indeed a good prospect. Get some of the guys in the know to give it a quick checkout or hpi it before you go look at it (saves wasting your time) Steering wheels are quite bad for wearing like that. Most importantly take off the rose tinted glasses and don't put pressure on yourself to buy a car. I have done this time and time again and alomost to a time regretted it. Take it from me for every car I have ever bought because at the time I firmly believed a car like it would never again be seen a better one surfaced a week or so later.

OK I got my wires crossed there. That one is like I said a good looking car. If its not the one that CJ has told you is biffed then it is indeed a good prospect. Get some of the guys in the know to give it a quick checkout or hpi it before you go look at it (saves wasting your time) Steering wheels are quite bad for wearing like that. Most importantly take off the rose tinted glasses and don't put pressure on yourself to buy a car. I have done this time and time again and alomost to a time regretted it. Take it from me for every car I have ever bought because at the time I firmly believed a car like it would never again be seen a better one surfaced a week or so later.

Good post DB!!

There are lots of cars out there. I was looking for an aerotop NA for 4 months and never found what I was looking for. I then fell in love with the car I have now. Funny thing is that an aerotop still hasn't surfaced but when you are looking for a TT there are a lot of really good ones that come up for sale on this forum. I would set a 3 month deadline. If you don't find a gem I'll be amazed.

Like I said before, he who rushes - blushes! Then again, he who hesitates - masturbates!!:D

H.

Well I have just returned from test driving a 1996 Auto TT in White - was very nice to drive, but I still haven't tried a Manual yet.

There were two cars at the garage - that one, and a black 1993 with about 60k miles on the clock, but they Both had full leather and all the gadgets - very nice!