The mkiv Supra Owners Club

water injection is here (pics)

uk-rich

Guest Richard L

Hello Ricky and Chris,

So this is the place where you hide... I hope you are all well.

Ricky, your installation is looking great, should be in the tate-modern.

uk-rich,

I have happened to found this thread. Great install, very tidy and professional. I wonder if you can rotate the pump so that it is horizontal.

The internal spring may not like the up/down motion of the car especially if the shocks are very hard.

Richard

thanks for the advice i will look into it ;)

Thanks for the compliments:) after i ran the same setup but under bonnet of my old S14, i decided that it always looked a bit untidy, so this time i did it this way, means a bit more wiring and running the tube through the car, but having most everything in one place makes for much easier additions/changes, i also have the water reservoir in the boot.

can you hear the pump running when its mounted in the car ?,when i primed mine up, i was suprised by the amount of noise they make

If the noise feels excessive, first make sure that it's pumping water and not froth or air (that makes it more noisy, plus the risk of a burnt pump of course!). It could be looking fine from the outside, no leaks, but sucking air from the low-pressure side. You never know.

Get the nozzle to spray in the open air (short out the pressure switch with the ignition left on) and verify that the mist is OK. It doesn't hurt to check;)