The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The NEW Lake District Meet thread - 15th August

AJI

Just got back from the Lake District meet, what a day! I think we covered just about all of the Lake District in one day! The roads were great some really challenging bends.

The sceneary was fantastic and should make a great backdrop to the movie Aron is putting together.

Nice to meet Boneyard for the first time with Daryl Paynes old Supra which is still looking great! Also Nice to meet Soulman in his GT4, the only none Supra of the event:(

Thanks to Aron for taking the time to organise the event and hopefully it will be alot bigger next year.

Kevin

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the kind words Kevin.

It was a great drive through the lakes The weather was warm and sunny most of the time and the sight of all those Supras going through the lakes was something really spectacular.

Many thanks to those who made the event, and glad to see you all made it round the route in one peice. Despite a few people getting airbourne on one section !!! :eek: :p :p

I've just checked through the camcorder footage and it seems as though the anti-shake was not working but I still have enough to put together a decent short movie.

Thanks again and hopefully we can do a similar event next year.

Aron

What a great day, found out whats its like to drive a Supra "properly"... thanks to Aron for organising the day, excellent route .... great roads and beautiful scenery. I would also like to thank Chris, Kev, Gaz, Paul, and all the passengers for making me feel welcome to my first meet / cruise.

Would it be possible for those who took camcorder footage to be able to copy it to CD and mail it to me? I can then combine all the film into one movie. That way there will be different view points from within the convoy etc.

Please PM me if you could and I'll give you my address.

Many thanks.

Thanks again to Aron for organising a spectacular meet.

As Kevin said yesterday, the most enjoyable of the year.

Airbourne moments were cool, if a little scary! :eek:

Wont forget the bit when Kevin and Boneyard ripped up the road by coming on boost at the same time, truely spectacular, ears are still ringing now! :D

Gaz.

Guest Soulman

Hey, thanks guys for a great day out.

........and thanks for inviting a beautiful swan to join your ugly duckling group :D .............even though you tried very hard to lose me! ;) Being at the back with my windows open, everytime you overtook cars and took off I had a flashback to my 'days of thunder' at Croft Autodrome. :) The sound from your cars of roaring big bore exhausts and dump valves 'pishing' was fantastic. :respekt: I had no problem catching you of 'course in my thoroughbred swan! :p You should have seen me, 130mph in places with four wheel drift around the bends only problem was my brakes were marginal to say the least, had the ABS cutting in a coupla times......ooh errrr! :eek: Need some better brakes. I noticed that my ECU must've advanced my timing and my car was noticeably quicker than usual and even though I always use Optimax I had some 'pinking'. Next time (if you invite me again after this post!) I shall have to try some Octane Booster. My car is still flyin' two days later, just rareing to go.

Even though I have a slipping clutch (which surprisingly didn't slip on Sunday), you didn't lose me until the local yokels blocked me at Troutbeck and you lot sneaked around the corner. Aah well, had a nice little jaunt down to Kendal and back, some damn fine lookin' sheep you got there!:baa:

Even though I had a little detour, I still beat you all to the top of Hartside Pass!!! Well, I didn't wanna embarrass you at how much faster a four wheel drive thoroughbred goes round the bendy bits!!! :nana:

Anyway, thanks a bunch. It was great fun, hope we can do it again someday.

Hopefully, this post should have put a smile on your face at least. If it didn't, you need a humour transplant!:lalala:

Regards

Les a.k.a. Soulman, Toyota Celica GT4 in standard trim .......but still fast as fook!

.......with the right driver of 'course ;)

Glad you could join us !

Good to see you got your GT4 round in one piece.

Yeah it was a shame we lost you in Windermere, it does get busy round there and you can easily get caught behind other traffic which is what seemed to have happened.

We did an un-scheduled stop in the marina area for an ice cream which probably put you out of sequence with the rest of us on the route, (which is why you got to the top of hartside first !! ;) )

Even though I would still have whoooooped your ar$e !! :p :p :p

You are more than welcome to join us again next time.

• 2 weeks later...