The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The NEW Lake District Meet thread - 15th August

AJI

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by ChrisB

yeah sounds good mate, or can meet before then if you like im traveling past darlington to get there, could meet at the train monument thingy or just at scotch corner whichever best :thumbs:

If you're coming down by-pass (which it sounds like you are), Ill meet you at Blands corner where the Reg Vardy dealership is...about 9.30? I'll park up on the left as you get to the roundabout, where the entrance to Stressholme golf club is. Is that time ok for you?

My eldest son fancies coming along, he's only 20 and has a 1.8ST Celica.... any pobs with him tagging along? Hes just a bit worried we'll loose him en-route, told him I'll be taking it easy anyway....still getting used to the car.

That's absolutely fine, as I mention on my website ... its not going to be a race.

There will be areas of the route where you can give it some stick but then we'll be slowing down to cruise speed each time for everyone to catch up.

Everyone will be given a route card which lists directions of where the convoy be going.... so when we do slow down to cruise speed nobody will have trouble re-joining the lead cars.

If its raining then yeah the event will still be ON. No matter which weekend we plan it for it will either rain or it won't... that's the nature of our lovely british weather.

I did have a bit of interest from other boards, but like most meet-up threads they all seem to pull out a few days before.

There are a few unconfirmed entries such as a couple of TVR Tuscans.... he said "if I'm there then I'm there, if I'm not then I'm not". Make what you will of that !?!

Also a Porsche 996 GT3 said if he gets the free time on sunday then he'll come along for a play.

One or two Celica GT4's might be coming along; one guy comes back from holiday on Sunday (I think) and if he's unpacked then he may be there.

Apart from that all the rest seem to be busy (or so they say!).

It'll be a good event even if they don't turn up. We've got enough Supras to make a decent video. And with a good variety of bodykits and colours.

Originally posted by AJI

If its raining then yeah the event will still be ON. No matter which weekend we plan it for it will either rain or it won't... that's the nature of our lovely british weather.

excellent:thumbs: look forward to it :)

Guest Soulman

You can add me to your list with my Toyota Celica GT4 (ST185), I'm coming from Consett, Co. Durham. Dunno whether to join the Newcastle convoy @ Hexham or come up the scenic route thru the Weardale valley .............and get a sighting run down Hartside Pass :sly: :p ;) .

Incidently for the Newcastle guys there's an Optimax garage in the middle of Corbridge. :) But don't bother checking out Corbridge Motors, the thievin' robbin' lyin' barstewards, that's where I bought my GT4. They've never heard of after sales service!!! Doesn't exist! :mad: In fact I'm prolly gunna change me plates to get their name off the car, don't wanna advertise for the greedy, kin' hilbilly wh*res @!#$%%^&^.......:mad: :mad: :mad:

Oops, somebody slap me :D

Glad you can join us!

Sounds like a garage to stay away from then !

I think most of the Newcastle area Supra will be coming via the A69 but that may be a bit out of the way from Durham. A sighting lap down hartside could be a good idea ! :p

Guest Soulman
Originally posted by AJI

Glad you can join us!

Sounds like a garage to stay away from then !

Absolutely!

Originally posted by AJI

I think most of the Newcastle area Supra will be coming via the A69 but that may be a bit out of the way from Durham.

Not really as I'm 12 miles north of Durham. But, I think I'd prefer the scenic route up the Weardale valley anyway, it's a drivers road ;) .

Originally posted by AJI

A sighting lap down hartside could be a good idea ! :p

Yeh, even if it's just to locate any mobile photographers!!! :rolleyes: ;)

Originally posted by Soulman

Incidently for the Newcastle guys there's an Optimax garage in the middle of Corbridge. :) But don't bother checking out Corbridge Motors, the thievin' robbin' lyin' barstewards, that's where I bought my GT4. They've never heard of after sales service!!! Doesn't exist! :mad: In fact I'm prolly gunna change me plates to get their name off the car, don't wanna advertise for the greedy, kin' hilbilly wh*res @!#$%%^&^.......:mad: :mad: :mad:

Oops, somebody slap me :D

Not upset about it all then :D

Guest Soulman
Originally posted by boneyard

Not upset about it all then :D

Who me??? :rolleyes: Errrmmm, what makes you think that? :conf:

Arfer Daley springs to mind, not the car but the rip-off, fishy, oh I mean dodgy deal, well you know what I mean.:rolleyes:

Bought the GT4 back in January and still wanna go do something nasty to 'em. :looney: :devil:

1) Aron Iniff

2) Kevin Huntley

3) Gaz Walker

4) Paul Laing

5) Keef layton

6) michel lane (skyline gtr33) or >>new picasso

7) Dale Bowman

8) Chris Birks

9) Daniel Bowman (Celica 1.8ST)

10) Soulman (Celica GT4)

Soulman added to list.

Michel - your picasso better be staying at home on Sunday!!

:p